You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Buzzsaw

Sky Dog wrote:

Why was he banned? Everybody related to those threads should be banned if that is the case. Buzz isn’t a cancel culture liberal? Is that the reason?

Re: Buzzsaw

AtariLegend wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Why was he banned? Everybody related to those threads should be banned if that is the case. Buzz isn’t a cancel culture liberal? Is that the reason?

He was actively trying to get banned. Read through the posts.

It's nothing to do with his political views and entirely down to do with baiting and trolling. He's wanted this for a while. His wish was granted.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 208 

Re: Buzzsaw

BLS-Pride wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Why was he banned? Everybody related to those threads should be banned if that is the case. Buzz isn’t a cancel culture liberal? Is that the reason?

He was actively trying to get banned. Read through the posts.

It's nothing to do with his political views and entirely down to do with baiting and trolling. He's wanted this for a while. His wish was granted.

Pretty much this. Its an endless circle jerk. He was given plenty of leeway over the years. I reached my limit.

Nothing to do with political views or any of that non sense.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Buzzsaw

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I'd prefer if you read the thread before you throw every other poster under the bus. As was said it was nothing to do with politics and hasn't been for a long time.
I have no issue with anyone's political views. Each are entitled to their own beliefs. I enjoy reading the back and forth even when it gets heated, that's all good healthy debate.

When a member is abusing another member on a daily basis and other members who have the gaul to call him on it also get abused then it is more than justified to remove him.

A bigger concern is why was he allowed to abuse people for so long? I don't agree with a lot of what Mitch says, but he didn't deserve that and an admin should have stepped in sooner.

Anyway you did the right thing in the end, but if it wasn't tolerated for so long it wouldn't have continued.

Rocky
 Rep: -7 

Re: Buzzsaw

Rocky wrote:

I hope he's allowed back after a few weeks, since you allowed Mitch back and did nothing for the months he trolled everyone.  If celebrating COVID-19 isn't trolling, I don't know what is.  Please apply you standards evenly.  James has disappeared again, and none of you participate in the thread.  Reading 40 posts in 5 minutes doesn't do it justice.  You let it get out of control and will now see the majority of the site traffic die.

misterID
 Rep: 467 

Re: Buzzsaw

misterID wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Why was he banned? Everybody related to those threads should be banned if that is the case. Buzz isn’t a cancel culture liberal? Is that the reason?

No, it gets heated and shit, but Buzz was intentionally trying to get the thread closed by being as obnoxious as he could. The constant reporting was ridiculous. We all warned him but he wouldn't stop. Really, he just needed a break as I think covid/quarantine was really getting to him tbh.

And Mitch needs to cool it with his bullshit. I'm fine with everyone there, including buzz. And I hope he is allowed back after some cooling off.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 208 

Re: Buzzsaw

BLS-Pride wrote:

He could be allowed back after some time. For now he is banned.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Buzzsaw

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

No issue with me, once the personal attacks stop I'm cool with him coming back after a break.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Buzzsaw

mitchejw wrote:
Rocky wrote:

I hope he's allowed back after a few weeks, since you allowed Mitch back and did nothing for the months he trolled everyone.  If celebrating COVID-19 isn't trolling, I don't know what is.  Please apply you standards evenly.  James has disappeared again, and none of you participate in the thread.  Reading 40 posts in 5 minutes doesn't do it justice.  You let it get out of control and will now see the majority of the site traffic die.

This is not a fair assessment. If there standards were applied evenly Randall Flagg would have been banned years ago.

My ban had nothing to do with my conduct in the politics thread as I understand it to this day.

If the traffic on this site was completely dependent on a toxic politics thread then that's pretty sad.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Buzzsaw

slcpunk wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Why was he banned? Everybody related to those threads should be banned if that is the case. Buzz isn’t a cancel culture liberal? Is that the reason?


Reading his posts he never added anything to the discussion other than insults and personal attacks . It's kinda ironic you say that too, as he was a perfect example of cancel culture. He would bully users he didn't like, threaten to report them and/or get them banned. He did it constantly. We've had another user (flagg) do the same thing, except on a much more personal level (threatening via PMs and on the forum to write bad reviews of their businesses etc.) That's cancel culture in a nutshell and only two people here do it. One is gone and that's a good thing IMO.

I'd imagine if they reopened those threads, they would be fine now, unless he came back on them.



misterID wrote:

And I hope he is allowed back after some cooling off.

He'll come back and he won't change at all. I'll bet you one dollar.



dollar.jpg

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB