You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Current Events Thread

I elected science deniers?  I've never voted for Trump (though I plan to in 3 weeks).  Who is voting for the people who think men can become women, that men can have periods and that a woman can have a penis and testicles?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This whole twitter and Facebook fiasco plus the time of the town halls just goes to show the bias of the media and why Trump says shit is rigged. It is disgusting actually.

Mehh, didn't notice. Watched October baseball. Braves v Dodgers. It was great actually. Enjoy the misery of your decisionmaking tho.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

If Trump wants to claim he has any chance of winning, he better win the ratings war. If more people tuned into Biden than watched Trump, it means no ones paying attention to him in the middle.

Early ratings on the parent broadcast networks give the win to Biden by about 2 million. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- … ct-15-2020

Trump will eventually have more viewers, presumably, because MSNBC and CNBC also aired it.

Randall Flagg

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

If Trump wants to claim he has any chance of winning, he better win the ratings war. If more people tuned into Biden than watched Trump, it means no ones paying attention to him in the middle.

Early ratings on the parent broadcast networks give the win to Biden by about 2 million. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- … ct-15-2020

Trump will eventually have more viewers, presumably, because MSNBC and CNBC also aired it.

If he doesn't pull ahead by a couple million, you can end any speculation the polls are off.  I know the experts are still giving him a roughly 40% chance, but every star has to align for Trump to win.  I just don't see that happening.  He'll be lucky to hold on to the traditional red states to include Ohio and Florida.  I don't see him taking any of the 3 blue wall states he got in 16, and if he doesn't get one of them and keep everything else, it ain't happening.

Randall Flagg

I want the Joe Rogan debate.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbre … 0b9304f9d5

This happened. I’m not saying there was anything wrong with his tweet. But after the head of the DNC leaked debate questions to Clinton....  The handling of Biden and Trump in these “debates” is a fucking joke. Like I said. Real reform is needed. Hopefully the media does a hard look in the mirror.

Am I imagining things: Didn’t they used to have panels of moderators? Not that it would fix things, but you could have your left and right leaning moderators both asking questions.

I didn’t watch Trump and only part of Biden. Letting Biden talk, I mean it’s supposed to be between the crowd and the candidate. I didn’t get the feeling he was rambling. I also have coffee with an elderly neighbor every Saturday, so I’m conditioned to hear “yarns.” I found it refreshing to hear someone talk in depth about topics.

I think you're right.  I too recall a panel of moderators.

I had to look this up, I couldn't shake it. I thought I was suffering from The Mandela Effect.

This is from 1988. Four moderators! It looks like sometime in the 1990s, this type of debate went away, but I admittedly didn't search for every single debate of every cycle.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I was wrong. Even with MSNBC and CNBC added, Biden on ABC got more viewers than Trump across three networks. I'm not the only one surprised. According to CNN, even ABC execs were taken off guard by the results.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/16/media/to … qjIIqnuPYE

"The Trump town hall averaged 10.6 million viewers on the NBC broadcast network. On MSNBC, Trump reached 1.74 million viewers, and on CNBC, about 671,000 viewers. So Trump's gross audience across the three channels was 13.1 million, about one million fewer than Biden's audience on ABC alone."

At this rate, though, maybe fewer people watching Trump is good for Trump?

Randall Flagg

I don’t see how those ratings can be spun positively for Trump. No one can claim for certain, but people don’t normally tune in to things they hate. All indicators indicate a record turn out. More people paying attention to Biden doesn’t bode well for Trump winning the 6-7 states he needs to win the presidency.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

lol, it's a baseless lawsuit. Anyone can sue anyone. Mitch can sue you for libel, doesn't mean there's a case behind it. Twitters a private company with Terms & Conditions.

Can Biden sue Breitbart for an 'in-kind contribution' to the Trump campaign.

Board footer