You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Current Events Thread

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James wrote:

If he lost, it's over. He'll be Sleepy Donald in 4 years.

Ivanka may run in 2024 in an attempt to cash in on Trumpism but I think it's over if Biden takes this.

Not sure how the country is going to react to no more 24/7 Trump.

It'll be weird.

No Trump will ever be allowed into the GOP again.  Don't get me wrong, Trump has done wonders to steal the blue collar base from the Democrats, but the man and his family are pure toxicity.  Chelsea Clinton wouldn't fair well either.  Sean Parnell just ousted Democrat Connor Lamb in Pittsburgh.  Look for him to be a rising start in the GOP - late 30s and a decorated combat veteran who lead a company of men in Afghanistan.  Veterans like me are getting really tired of these reservists who served as lawyers and spent 4 months at a Hilton pretending to be John Rambo.

I still think Crenshaw is going to be a superstar. Nikki Haley is who the Republican base will rally around, though. It's hard to pick a rising star on the Democratic side who isn't a niche left wing candidate or isn't getting held back by Pelosi. It could very well be a celebrity/billionaire candidate, ie the Rock or Bob Iger.

Could be a Governor. Hickenloopers a Senator who just won in CO, probably too short turnaround tho. I dunno. It won't be a retread of this year, aside from Kamala. I don't think it will be uncontested either, some Dems will run.

GOP I say Sasse, Haley, and you're right Crenshaw. They're the frontrunners at least. A few names will popup too. I think Cruz & Rubio are just an era gone by. Rubio could have a chance in 24 or 28, I think he'd more likely be a potential VP choice.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Oh, FFS, this is going to get stupid.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/predicted-bl … 12592.html

Democrats are actually going to lose seats in the house, but still keep their majority. Does Pelosi survive the coming challenge now that the GOP picked up some of the more moderate democratic seats?

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Get rid of Pelosi. Get rid of Biden after this. Find some new blood, whomever it is. Maybe Mayor Pete.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Pete has been kiling it on Fox lately. I see him as the future of the party.

Trump now suing GA to get them to stop voting.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

GA may be giving us results tonight. I've heard that NV won't until tomorrow morning.

PA looking good for Biden.

AtariLegend wrote:

GA looks like it'll flip with the remaining votes.

PA ain't going to matter.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Window looks to be closing on trump. Seems highly unlikely he can do much. Sue everybody?!

Definitely wasn't the blue wave, trump definitely got a vote out, polls were oddly wrong twice now after seemingly being fairly accurate for decades, and the House/Senate didn't go Dems favor nearly as much as they hoped or expected. Georgia's a strange anomoly this year?  Odd.  NC I think Charlotte area is shifting and alot of Virginians are moving their as the DC metro has gotten expensive, and AZ similar getting alot of Californians. Also trashing McCain probably wasn't very smart but it didn't seem to impact him there in 16 so go figure. So I say GA was the oddity, TX even tho it didn't fully swing, it was a heavy shift to blue whereas the rest of the country stayed fairly red.  Ohio dipped bluer than people expected, at least early on, myb I didn't see final tally.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Christ, now Trump’s suing in Georgia? These votes were cast legally and should be counted.

Board footer