You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Current Events Thread

bigbri wrote:

Trump supporters are the biggest pussies around, and he unleashed cowardly behavior like this. It’s fucking sickening to see this. Being a former journalist, it makes me so angry. Reporters especially go INTO danger all the time to get to the truth, and to have them attacked like they were at the Capitol is weak. If you support it, you’re awful.

Encouraging the murder of people is why these guys are being booted off social media. I can’t say I’m too broken up about it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Now Parler is having to delete posts from extremists. Lin Wood's completely lucid and sane post....

Get the firing squads ready. Pence goes FIRST

Was deleted ...along with his bullshit claim that the woman killed in the Capitol is still alive.

THIS is what the Trumpers are defending and willing to risk their own lives for.

Un-fucking-believable.

The dystopic Idiocracy is here....and a bunch of loons want to turn it into a civil war.

I have always been against censorship. Hell...our original community was started due to all of us being censored on other forums.

Having said that... desperate times, desperate measures.

This mass psychosis has to be shut down. It's a good sign that the base is fracturing but it's not happening quickly enough. Has to be zero tolerance policy.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Trump supporters are the biggest pussies around, and he unleashed cowardly behavior like this. It’s fucking sickening to see this. Being a former journalist, it makes me so angry. Reporters especially go INTO danger all the time to get to the truth, and to have them attacked like they were at the Capitol is weak. If you support it, you’re awful.

Encouraging the murder of people is why these guys are being booted off social media. I can’t say I’m too broken up about it.

Yep...this has been beyond defending since jump street and the more details are revealed about what really happened, the worse it gets.

Some people are just too deep into the cult of Trump. He could rape a convent full of nuns and a certain segment would either defend it or call it fake news.

It's why I'm ok with mass censorship, de-platforming, and demonetizing social media channels.

The sickness has to be purged. People joked and argued about this stuff for four years.

It's not funny anymore.

A segment of our society has been brainwashed into Trumpism, Q, and other nonsense. Facts are chalked up as fake news while continuing to gulp down propaganda.

Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, etc created Frankenstein's monster and no longer have control over it.  It is now eating itself alive and is going to try to take the country down with it.

Edit

While not a big fan of polls, it's a good sign that a majority are disgusted by this shit.

James

James wrote:

#HangMikePence was trending on Twitter. Twitter had to remove it.

These people are clinically insane.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

There’s talk of something on MLK Day, which I normally would blow off as too “on the nose,” but not now.

James

James wrote:

Holy shit....the Hunter Biden/CP shit was real. Goddamn him.  Pics have leaked on Parler and reddit of him with a young girl but they censored  his dick and now they're threatening a huge dump.

In what may or may not be a coincidence, Parler is removed from google and Apple.

Sickening. I want this fucker in prison. They don't need to release anymore. Doing so would just victimize these children further and freaks would get off on it. It's real and they proved it. Leave it at that.

We're already in some type of civil war. It's in the information/cyber phase right now. Tit for tat. This was clearly leaked as a diversionary measure. Apparently there's a video of him beating the shit out of a little girl that may get leaked. The possibility is no longer conspiracy and hyperbole. Someone has this shit.

Censoring Trump and alt right

Here comes some sick Biden dirt

What's the next move?

This country is fucked. The people we choose to lead us are beyond redemption...yet everyone has to pick sides.

I feel sick.

I was right about that last incest leak. They pulled the trigger too early and walked it back. Now they're really going to push it.

Edit

Of course there's the possibility of a deep fake operation. That in itself a form of information/cyber warfare.

God help us all. The craziness has just begun.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

There’s talk of something on MLK Day, which I normally would blow off as too “on the nose,” but not now.

I've been seeing some threats at the inauguration...and Biden will take the oath on the Capitol steps.

It's too risky.

We're living in crazy times.

The 2020s may be like the 1960s...but worse.

James

James wrote:

Amazon just suspended Parler from its web hosting. It goes offline tomorrow.

The extremists are running out of online communities quickly.

James

James wrote:

It just came out that Pence hasn't ruled out invoking the 25th.

Edit

For now, the source close to the vice president said Pence and his advisers hope to provide a bridge to the next administration and do as much as possible to assist President-elect Joe Biden's team in preparing for dealing with the coronavirus pandemic.

But, the source cautioned, it has become clear this week that it is necessary to keep the 25th Amendment option on the table based on Trump's actions.

Also..

Donald Trump has accused Twitter of trying to silence him after the social media giant suspended the US President’s account.

That's the point!!!!

How can this person be so goddamn stupid?

James

James wrote:

A cacophony of screaming, shouting and banging echoed from the floor below. McConnell’s security detail rushed past and into the chamber. The adviser began walking toward the Rotunda and came face to face with a U.S. Capitol Police officer sprinting in the opposite direction. The two made eye contact and the officer forced out a single word: “Run!”

The aide to McConnell (R-Ky.) darted down a side hallway lined with offices. He jiggled one locked doorknob, then another. A co-worker poked his head out of the office of McConnell’s speechwriter. The adviser lunged, pushing him and a colleague back inside.

The screaming and shouting soon seemed right outside. Only then, a text alert from Capitol police blared on every phone in the room: “Due to security threat inside: immediately, move inside your office, take emergency equipment, lock the doors, take shelter.”

Three senior GOP aides piled furniture against the door and tried to move stealthily, worried that the intruders would discover them inside. In waves, the door to the hall heaved as rioters punched and kicked it. The crowd yelled “Stop the steal!” Some chanted menacingly, referring to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi: “Where’s Nancy? Where’s Nancy?”

Peering out a window into a courtyard below, the adviser could see scores of people still streaming in — and no police in sight.

The deaths of five people, including a Capitol police officer, were linked to the riot. During their rampage, marauders came perilously close to penetrating the inner sanctums of the Capitol while lawmakers were still there, according to a reconstruction of the events based on eyewitness videos and interviews with nearly 40 lawmakers, staff members and law enforcement officials. The belated emergency response carried out with the help of the D.C. police, FBI and National Guard came after pleas by people sheltering throughout the complex.

Armed only with their phones and some of the best Rolodexes in the world, lawmakers and their aides began calling and texting anyone they thought could help — the secretary of the Army, the acting attorney general, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, governors of nearby states, the D.C. mayor.

The McConnell adviser, who described his role on the condition of anonymity because of security concerns after the attack, began calling and texting former top officials at the Justice Department.

Speaking in a whisper, he told one the situation was dire: If backup did not arrive soon, people could die.

From his home, Levi immediately called FBI Deputy Director David Bowdich, who was in the command center in the FBI’s Washington Field Office.

Capitol police had lost control of the building, Levi told Bowdich.

The FBI official had been hearing radio traffic of aggressive protesters pushing through the perimeter, but Levi said it had gone even further: The mob had already crashed the gates and lives were at risk.

Capitol police had said previously they didn’t need help, but Bowdich decided he couldn’t wait for a formal invitation.

He dispatched the first of three tactical teams, including one from the Washington field office to secure the safety of U.S. senators and provide whatever aid they could. He instructed two more SWAT teams to follow, including one that raced from Baltimore.

Disturbing.....

Board footer