You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 115 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Current events...there have been so many big news bombs dropping this last week alone. Where to start?

NBC reported that Trump's cabinet voted on taking children away from their parents as policy back in 2018. Pushed of course by Steven Miller. They wanted to have a "deliberate policy of ripping children away from their parents." Any plea for compassion "fell on deaf ears." (see Miles Taylor below)

A lower court once again said Trump can't hide his taxes and must provide them for a fraud investigation by the SDNY. I'd imagine a grand jury will be seeing his financial records pretty soon.

The Senate intel committee, led by republicans, confirmed what we already knew about the Russian investigation. Among other things, that Trump accepted help from Russia and Roger Stone was directly working with Wikileaks (Russia) to help him etc. To me this makes their lack of action during the impeachment "trial" even more egregious.

Trump's former campaign manager Steve Bannon was indicted for fraud. Apparently he was stealing money from the "build the wall" fundraiser he created with a few other crooks. This is Trump's second campaign manager to be arrested and charged with fraud.

Jerry Falwell Junior, resigned from his position at Liberty University when it was revealed that he and his wife were having an affair with the pool boy for several years.

Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, among other top executives, are being accused of fleecing the NRA for millions of dollars.

The Former Chief of Staff for the Department of Homeland Security (Miles Taylor, who is a republican) has been on TV all week telling some doozies about trump, as well as endorsing Biden.

More than 70 former GOP national security officials and congressmen endorsed Biden this week. Another two dozen republican lawmakers, including John Kasich also came out in support of Biden either at or during the DNC convention.

The Steve Bannon thing wasn’t given it’s due and proper....shoved out of the news cycle as quickly as possible.

What’s just as important is that his supporters don’t care. The ends always justify the means with these people.

As far as Falwell...i wasn’t aware of any extortion. I’m surprised he even stepped down. These televangelists get away with murder and they still keep sending money.

misterID
 Rep: 460 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

He's not a televangelist, but I get your point.

mitchejw
 Rep: 115 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Many people are saying that these charges won’t stock on this Kenosha shooter. Does that mean the kid gets off Scott free?

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 48 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

If he didn't shoot first and the breakdown we have is accurate then he has a strong case. He fucked up and shouldn't have been there, none of them should, but it appears he was shot at first.

Then again we don't know what preceeded the gun fire. Doubt we will have a complete picture until we get witness testimonies etc. As it stands he has a very good argument for self defence.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 48 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

The media is not really telling the story above though, they seem to say the teen killed 2 people but leave out the part about him being shot at.

misterID
 Rep: 460 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Many people are saying that these charges won’t stock on this Kenosha shooter. Does that mean the kid gets off Scott free?

I don't think he gets off without any punishment, I'm not sure about the laws of carrying a weapon across state lines, but they charged him with murder charges way too quickly without knowing the events of what happened. They won't be able to prove he showed up to kill people, the evidence is just the opposite. The media has been strangely quiet with the facts in this case.

mitchejw
 Rep: 115 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Well...regardless...the kids life is ruined. His parents are probably on suicide watch. Or at least they should be.

We have two dead people at least whose lives and families are destroyed.

Ticker Carlson is basically anointing the kids a hero. So...that’s as irresponsible as anyone in the media.

Is it confirmed that he was shot at first.

misterID
 Rep: 460 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

Yes. All video evidence shows this. All three people attacked him.

Tucker was making a point that the mayor/governor refused to enforce the law, mandatory curfew and national guard help, so more people are having to defend their property themselves and you'll get more of these people and incidents.

I'm sure his parents are very worried about him.

mitchejw
 Rep: 115 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yes. All video evidence shows this. All three people attacked him.

Tucker was making a point that the mayor/governor refused to enforce the law, mandatory curfew and national guard help, so more people are having to defend their property themselves and you'll get more of these people and incidents.

I'm sure his parents are very worried about him.

What 17 year old should be taking matters into his own hands like that? Not even his home state...

It’s one take to say the governor wasn’t doing anything...it’s another to think it’s your job. In fact...this kid made it worse...not better.

Tucker glorified a kid throwing his life down the tubes bc he thought the kid was helping restore order?! Cmon man....

mitchejw
 Rep: 115 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:

I don’t see much focus on who the victims were either.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB