You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Cops in the US are out of control though, irregardless of what happened here. They use guns way too often in circumstances where they are not needed. Also do Americans not have limbs? Why do these cops shoot to kill when you can incapacitate easily by simply aiming low. The loophole of a cop being fired/suspended then being able to get rehired in other states is fucked up. Fix that and hold cops accountable more often.

Edit: and longer training when becoming a cop. Get rid of the police union as it is now also.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

In a population over 300 million there were 1,004 fatal police shootings in 2019. Of that, 14 unarmed Black victims and 25 unarmed white victims in 2019.

There should be zero, but it's a lot lower than what people try to portray it as. Most cops never even pull their gun.

Edit: Of those who were unarmed includes those who try to run the officer over or tried to get their gun away from them.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Cops in the US are out of control though, irregardless of what happened here. They use guns way too often in circumstances where they are not needed. Also do Americans not have limbs? Why do these cops shoot to kill when you can incapacitate easily by simply aiming low. The loophole of a cop being fired/suspended then being able to get rehired in other states is fucked up. Fix that and hold cops accountable more often.

Edit: and longer training when becoming a cop. Get rid of the police union as it is now also.

If you had any familiarity with firearms, you wouldn’t be advocating people be shot in the limbs. The cop was shot in the limb, in his femoral artery. It’s a fluke he’s alive. You shoot center mass because it’s hard enough to hit a moving target, let alone a moving limb on a moving target. There’s no country in the world where cops or soldiers are trained, let alone told to shoot at limbs. Mainly because it doesn’t capacitate someone. Jacob Blake was tazed and wrestled. He still shrugged it off and went for a weapon with a cop’s gun inches from his body.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

In a population over 300 million there were 1,004 fatal police shootings in 2019. Of that, 14 unarmed Black victims and 25 unarmed white victims in 2019.

There should be zero, but it's a lot lower than what people try to portray it as. Most cops never even pull their gun.

Edit: Of those who were unarmed includes those who try to run the officer over or tried to get their gun away from them.

You’re not allowed to say this. It’s too factual. We have to pretend black men are being shot like dogs by racist cops fixing to get their kill count up.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I'm sorry ID but if you are trying to convince me that you don't have a cop problem I am gonna disagree.
14 unarmed Black victims and 25 unarmed white victims in 2019. How can you write that and not see an issue?

Type cops in to YouTube and look at dozens upon dozens of videos uploaded everyday of cops acting unprofessional or misusing their powers. These protests are not people imagining this shit and no, I'm not talking about the looters. There is a problem and anyone defending it has me baffled honestly.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

If you had any familiarity with firearms, you wouldn’t be advocating people be shot in the limbs. The cop was shot in the limb, in his femoral artery. It’s a fluke he’s alive. You shoot center mass because it’s hard enough to hit a moving target, let alone a moving limb on a moving target. There’s no country in the world where cops or soldiers are trained, let alone told to shoot at limbs. Mainly because it doesn’t capacitate someone. Jacob Blake was tazed and wrestled. He still shrugged it off and went for a weapon with a cop’s gun inches from his body.

I own guns. If I had to choose leg or torso, I'm gonna pick the limb every time and cops ain't sniping ffs. The majority of these incidents happen up close and personal. They are litterly in arms length of the person at times, but can't hit a non critical area?

misterID

misterID wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I'm sorry ID but if you are trying to convince me that you don't have a cop problem I am gonna disagree.
14 unarmed Black victims and 25 unarmed white victims in 2019. How can you write that and not see an issue?

Type cops in to YouTube and look at dozens upon dozens of videos uploaded everyday of cops acting unprofessional or misusing their powers. These protests are not people imagining this shit and no, I'm not talking about the looters. There is a problem and anyone defending it has me baffled honestly.

I edited that those unarmed shootings includes people trying to kill the cop without a weapon (car, going for their gun) so it's a lot lower.

I don't know what the answer is to eliminate every bad person from being a cop. I don't know how to train an officer to react in a non lethal capacity when they're thrust into a volatile situation. I don't have the answers. I know humans are going to screw up. I know even with how good the military Special Forces are at weeding out bad guys during training, they still slip through sometimes.

They keep changing the training, they keep making it harder, I don't know the answer.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

It is too common and rarely are the culprits brought to justice. Start on that and in time it will help. Doing nothing won't. Saying there isn't an issue won't.
The numbers you are talking about I would question also as they are based on police reports and I wouldn't believe the Lords prayer from a cop, anywhere not just the US. They are corrupt everywhere, but the US is crazy.

misterID

misterID wrote:

They wear cameras now that records every encounter. Now civil rights activists want those cameras gone because it's been used too much to prove the perps lie in court and is considered an unfair advantage. That was one of the reforms they wanted!

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
misterID wrote:

They wear cameras now that records every encounter. Now civil rights activists want those cameras gone because it's been used too much to prove the perps lie in court and is considered an unfair advantage. That was one of the reforms they wanted!

Really, so where are to body cams for this Taylor lady?
Cops have to turn that shit on, they can also delete footage and have been found to delete footage in many incidents.
There has been many cases where no body cam footage is available despite the cop wearing one.
This is simply more corruption that is ignored.

Board footer