You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:

I’m not self hating...I’m just all kinds of annoyed by the hubris of the average white man in this country.

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘they don’t even really want to be American.’ I didn’t know that there was a right way tof be American.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You've put yourself in a corner and don't know how to get out, so you go back to making up (lying) about what I said. You know I didn't say there was a certain way to be an American. That was just a stupid, stupid lie. I said you can't be an American by crawling over a fence. You do it the right way by becoming a citizens like the thousands who do it every year.

And yeah, if there was a picture of the self-loathing white man, it would be you. The average white man wants everything everyone else wants out of life. And they don't quantify an entire race by the worst elements... That's a bigot.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

You've put yourself in a corner and don't know how to get out, so you go back to making up (lying) about what I said. You know I didn't say there was a certain way to be an American. That was just a stupid, stupid lie. I said you can't be an American by crawling over a fence. You do it the right way by becoming a citizens like the thousands who do it every year.

And yeah, if there was a picture of the self-loathing white man, it would be you. The average white man wants everything everyone else wants out of life. And they don't quantify an entire race by the worst elements... That's a bigot.

Uh...no...

I'm not in a corner. And I don't cater to the average white man like some might say this post does.

You're greatly over simplifying and glossing over (intentionally, i'll bet) how immigration has worked in this country over its 250 year existence. You act like this is a new thing and a new 'problem.'

Imagine the audacity of bringing people here against their will and pretending like that didn't' happen because it's the 21st century.

Imagine pretending like the civil war wasn't fought by a bunch of immigrants who traded a threat to their lives for 'citizenship' bc at the time that's what it required.

Imagine the people that were here first changing the rules all the time to benefit an agenda and a political zeitgeist and hiding behind moral arguments like...'you brought your children to the border and therefore you're a criminal and need to be put in a cell and separated from your family.' Imagine that being your moral argument.

Rewind a hundred years and ask your great grandparents how they got here.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Again, you're lying and creating a straw man argument. "Catering some might say..." No, only you say, because you're deliberately taking what I said out of context. If not generalizing that an entire race of people are "arrogant," while arguing against the whole of them as selfish and bigoted is catering, then you got me. But gee, what would your stance be called if you flipped that generalization to black men?

You're now comparing this immigration argument, which you started, to slavery. I can't say that no one is brought here against their will, we have a huge problem with human trafficking, which Biden has yet to address. But no, people are sneaking into the country of their own free will. Taking this back to the civil war and slavery just shows you have no idea what you're talking about, your argument is as thin as your skin, and you have serious issues about your race and your own hatred.I

If you use your children for criminal means, to help you break into the country illegally, not only are you a criminal but a bad parent.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Mitch, Biden has been a FVCKING disaster and this crisis at the border is his fault. Fvcker can’t even do a presser, he can hardly speak.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Again, you're lying and creating a straw man argument. "Catering some might say..." No, only you say, because you're deliberately taking what I said out of context. If not generalizing that an entire race of people are "arrogant," while arguing against the whole of them as selfish and bigoted is catering, then you got me. But gee, what would your stance be called if you flipped that generalization to black men?

You're now comparing this immigration argument, which you started, to slavery. I can't say that no one is brought here against their will, we have a huge problem with human trafficking, which Biden has yet to address. But no, people are sneaking into the country of their own free will. Taking this back to the civil war and slavery just shows you have no idea what you're talking about, your argument is as thin as your skin, and you have serious issues about your race and your own hatred.I

If you use your children for criminal means, to help you break into the country illegally, not only are you a criminal but a bad parent.

I’m talking about how immigration has worked in this country.

What are you talking about? Does precedent have no place in the conversation? You can’t just call everything a straw mans argument every time i bring up history and precedent.

Did you bring it up? No. Is it relevant? Hell yes.

Did you know thousands of Irish fought fought on the union side in exchange for citizenship? Is this really a straw mans argument?

When the slaves were brought over...is that not a form immigration?

What about all the polish?

And the Mexicans?

Is merely talking about them a straw mans argument?

Why is talking about immigrants from that past a straw mans argument?

Why isn’t it pure entitlement by 3rd, 4th and 5th generation Americans who claim that their rights here were achieved by ancestors whom they’ve benefited from, achieved a fraction of and claim some credit for....those that have the most influence over immigration law...

I’m all for the estate tax.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Mitch, Biden has been a FVCKING disaster and this crisis at the border is his fault. Fvcker can’t even do a presser, he can hardly speak.

I’m sure you can jerk off to Trump memories to make you feel better. That’s what YouTube is for.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I’m sure you can jerk off to Trump memories to make you feel better. That’s what YouTube is for.

Plus pointing out how someone can't speak while supporting Trump is ironic.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

What are you talking about? Does precedent have no place in the conversation? You can’t just call everything a straw mans argument every time i bring up history and precedent.

Did you know thousands of Irish fought fought on the union side in exchange for citizenship? Is this really a straw mans argument?

And the Mexicans?

Why isn’t it pure entitlement by 3rd, 4th and 5th generation Americans who claim that their rights here were achieved by ancestors whom they’ve benefited from, achieved a fraction of and claim some credit for....those that have the most influence over immigration law...

You have no answer for you own argument, so you just jump all over the place with things that aren't related or put into proper context.

What we're talking about has nothing to do with slavery. The article you posted has nothing to do with the Irish, Italians, Polish or Jews. And it has nothing to do with the fact you continuously lie about what I say. Now you're bringing up an estate tax. Yada yada yada.

The only goal you have is to instigate an argument.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

And the Mexicans?

You have no answer for you own argument, so you just jump all over the place with things that aren't related or put into proper context.

What we're talking about has nothing to do with slavery. The article you posted has nothing to do with the Irish, Italians, Polish or Jews. And it has nothing to do with the fact you continuously lie about what I say. Now you're bringing up an estate tax. Yada yada yada.

The only goal you have is to instigate an argument.

I’m not sure if we’re just misunderstanding each other or you just don’t really care about this discussion.

Everything I’ve said is relevant to the discussion regarding immigration.

Board footer