You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Current Events Thread

bigbri wrote:
James wrote:

Things are going to get interesting in Texas with that new abortion law.

Yikes.....

Texas? It’ll be every state led by the GOP. And I’m pretty sure we were repeatedly told here we were being hysterical for suggesting Trumps court would overturn Roe. Now they haven’t done that officially, but it’s basically done for all practical purposes. 6 weeks isn’t even enough time for a woman to figure out if she’s legitimately late

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
James wrote:

Yikes.....

Texas? It’ll be every state led by the GOP. And I’m pretty sure we were repeatedly told here we were being hysterical for suggesting Trumps court would overturn Roe. Now they haven’t done that officially, but it’s basically done for all practical purposes. 6 weeks isn’t even enough time for a woman to figure out if she’s legitimately late

Yes, most women know if they are a day late. Jesus man, 2 weeks late their ass is taking a test. By week 3 or 4 they know for sure.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bad timing by the GOP.

I like the rule in theory but wish it took more than 6 weeks for a heartbeat.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Kill unhealthy and sick people: Literal Hitler!

Kill healthy babies in mothers womb: Progressive, caring, feminism!

I suspect that is why you can never have a debate about it. Everybody knows what is looming just under the surface. Once the vapor thin illusion of "not a life" disappears those 100 million babies killed in the last 50 years in America alone will start to gnaw on a few consciences. I mean damn, even Stalin had to work real hard to reach even a fraction of that number.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
James wrote:

Yikes.....

Yes, most women know if they are a day late. Jesus man, 2 weeks late their ass is taking a test. By week 3 or 4 they know for sure.

I live with a house full of menstruating females. It doesn't take much to throw off a cycle. My wife has skipped entire months and there's no explanation. 2 weeks late is nothing. A sickness? Natural? Body's evolution? Psychological?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

For a country that pretends to care about the separation of church and state + also pretends to care about personal freedoms, a lot of you seem to want to control a person's right to do what they wants with their body and enforce a religious doctrine on your own people.

Fucking clown show.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I suspect that is why you can never have a debate about it. Everybody knows what is looming just under the surface. Once the vapor thin illusion of "not a life" disappears those 100 million babies killed in the last 50 years in America alone will start to gnaw on a few consciences. I mean damn, even Stalin had to work real hard to reach even a fraction of that number.

Oh my…you sure feel high and mighty about this topic…

Let me ask you though…since ‘life matters’ to you so much…

Will you be fostering any Of these unwanted children? Will you be one of those that gleefully takes away free school meals? Will you adopt any of these unwanted children? Will you weep when one is found dead due to massive neglect? When this child grows up and obtains a scholarship instead of your child because they grew up poor or are a minority?

Or are you just gonna get up on your high horse and wash your hands of any of the responsibilities associated with you telling another person that they must carry the baby?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't think it's as religious as you think. Just read from a progressive activist that they're having more trouble getting younger women to care about Roe. I don't think abortion is as important to most Americans as you guys think. Purely anecdotal, I dated a very progressive feminist. When she thought she was pregnant she told me she couldn't kill my baby. This wasn't the first time I've heard this from a girl, even just a discussion.

I'm pro choice, but come on, at some point it's no longer a medical condition and it's a life. We show more humanity about sea turtle eggs than some unborn kids. I don't know how you can look at a 3D sonogram and not say it's a life.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Will you be fostering any Of these unwanted children? Will you be one of those that gleefully takes away free school meals? Will you adopt any of these unwanted children? Will you weep when one is found dead due to massive neglect? When this child grows up and obtains a scholarship instead of your child because they grew up poor or are a minority?

Or are you just gonna get up on your high horse and wash your hands of any of the responsibilities associated with you telling another person that they must carry the baby?

I think the people who survived abortions (yes, this happens) would disagree with you.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I think the people who survived abortions (yes, this happens) would disagree with you.

For me, it’s one of those things that i could never do…but don’t feel comfortable  telling others what to do either

Board footer