You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Current Events Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Big night tonight. Bidens got a lot riding on his performance, nearly everything. Too many blunders and senior moments and he loses momentum. trumps gonna trump, apparently he hasn't done much debate prep, just gonna wing it. It's his style anyway, he's just a BS'er.

Chris Wallace said he won't fact check, typically moderators don't but I think part of his stance is to keep things open, and possibly his fact checking could help Biden since its possible that's a bit too far of a grasp for him anymore, and Wallace would look like he's helping out Biden too much. Biden needs to nail this, if he does it's likely him riding this out imho.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Mitch, it matters to you, we're saying this is not a shocker or is anything we don't know. This is not a kitchen table issue, it's not going to change any opinions about who we already knew he was. You're trying to ruin the reputation of someone with a shit reputation. If you're upset, blame Biden and his half century in Washington for writing the tax code so this was possible. btw, guess who's getting Wall Street support, astronomical corporate campaign contributions and taking secret meetings with hedge fund guys? It ain't Trump. Think about that.

misterID

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Big night tonight. Bidens got a lot riding on his performance, nearly everything. Too many blunders and senior moments and he loses momentum. trumps gonna trump, apparently he hasn't done much debate prep, just gonna wing it. It's his style anyway, he's just a BS'er.

Chris Wallace said he won't fact check, typically moderators don't but I think part of his stance is to keep things open, and possibly his fact checking could help Biden since its possible that's a bit too far of a grasp for him anymore, and Wallace would look like he's helping out Biden too much. Biden needs to nail this, if he does it's likely him riding this out imho.

Biden isn't good on his feet, and neither is Harris, surprisingly. I think it's weird that she's not talking to reporters, either. Trump is good at sound bites and memorizing little jabs. I don't think it'll be good if Biden comes across yelling and angry. 2006 Biden would beat him, but man, he has been awful.

I still think it's Biden's race to lose.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I think Harris isn't talking to reporters because it would look pretty obvious if she, the VP did numerous interviews, but the Presidential nominee did not. It's a mess, and yeah Biden is not a great candidate, not sure wtf happened. Too many dems tried to out-Bernie Bernie (Warren mostly) that when the time came to get reasonable democratic voters, they just weren't gonna be there for her or any of them. And their votes all defaulted to Biden.

Bloomberg entered too late, and Warren was kinda rude to him ('Kill it') once he did during his one & only debate. Otherwise, he probably should've been the one to handle alot of this.

misterID

misterID wrote:

There was no excuse for Bloomberg to be as bad as he was. That was the worst performance I've ever seen in a debate. Ever. And he was never a likable guy to begin with.

The next two years are going to be a clusterfuck in a Biden presidency. Bernie is already threatening war in the party If Biden doesn't go full progressive. Never Trumper Republicans are convinced they have Biden's ear and will reign him in. In the middle are D Centrists who are facing rough midterms in purple or red districts.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

There was no excuse for Bloomberg to be as bad as he was. That was the worst performance I've ever seen in a debate. Ever. And he was never a likable guy to begin with.

I dunno, they ganged up on him & went down with the ship in doing so. Yeah, it was bad, but everyone else who dogged him lost too, so they basically went kamikaze.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Mitch, it matters to you, we're saying this is not a shocker or is anything we don't know. This is not a kitchen table issue, it's not going to change any opinions about who we already knew he was. You're trying to ruin the reputation of someone with a shit reputation. If you're upset, blame Biden and his half century in Washington for writing the tax code so this was possible. btw, guess who's getting Wall Street support, astronomical corporate campaign contributions and taking secret meetings with hedge fund guys? It ain't Trump. Think about that.

Maybe you’re right...and that’s why the tax code is the way it is. Nobody cares if millionaires and billionaires don’t pay taxes.

He’s only getting that support from Wall Street because it appears somehow he’s the clear favorite to win. Mind boggling that someone who isn’t really campaigning or doing that much or basically just flying under the radar is the favorite. Maybe there is hope for America’s it, maybe we can return to the days where politicians aren’t front-page news every goddamn day.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

My non-partisan grades from tonights debate:

Biden:  B+
trump:  F

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Oops did I publish that post early 14

misterID

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I dunno, they ganged up on him & went down with the ship in doing so. Yeah, it was bad, but everyone else who dogged him lost too, so they basically went kamikaze.

He answered one attack with a shrug. I mean, come on. Either you have it or you don't. Trump was constantly ganged up on in those Republican debates and came out on top. I can't think of a more out of touch, arrogant, wooden, out of his league candidate than Mike Bloomberg.

Board footer