You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

The WHO is going to rename Monkeypox because they're worried about racism surrounding the virus.

It's unbelievable that the world just keeps sinking lower and lower. Who in the hell thinks about racist shit when they see Monkeypox?

First they were having conniption fits over any potential negativity towards gay men...now it's about racism?

What's next....will the virus identify as non-binary?

I can’t believe this stuff bothers you…who cares? Let these people waste their own time…

There are plenty of people in this country that want to blame immigrants for everything bad that happens. It’s not a far stretch to me that they’ll blame this on them too.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It’s declining by degrees. Imaginary racism will find everyone eventually, even you. It’s good to call it out and mock it. If that bothers you, ignore it.

I mean, you immediately jumped to a conclusion and started an argument about immigration when no one brought it up. No one thought monkeypox was racist and no one is blaming immigrants for it.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

There’s been a big shift in Hispanic politics, and they’re turning into republicans. Like James mentioned, they just flipped a Texas seat red last night that has been in Democrat control for over a hundred years. Also, Elon Musk endorsed her and has left the Democrat party to become a Republican. I’ve noticed a war between conservatives and populists and the rise of what they call “Barstool” republicans, who are more liberal. I’m wondering how this all plays out.

There’s a big chance an immigration bill gets passed soon. There’s a push to bring in more immigrants because of job shortages from the right. I would never have thought they’d get a gun bill passed, but here we are. This election is going to be very interesting.

Well, Trump and Republicans did make gains/inroads in 2020.  That should have been a fucking big ass warning sign for the Dems to you know not take this voting block for granted and shore up whatever issues they had.  Nope.  And it has already bit them in the ass.

The Barstool Republicans, sound like some of the old school repubs of the years past (ie NON Trump Republicans).  Sadly, I still think the Trump voters outnumber these guys but I hope I'm wrong.

The monkeypox is just stupid.  Who is offended by this and who the fuck cares?  I mean there are a ton more things to get offended by then that.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

It’s declining by degrees. Imaginary racism will find everyone eventually, even you. It’s good to call it out and mock it. If that bothers you, ignore it.

I mean, you immediately jumped to a conclusion and started an argument about immigration when no one brought it up. No one thought monkeypox was racist and no one is blaming immigrants for it.

Oakley‘s iPhone, can you come to self by team does coronavirus the China virus? Give me a ring around the country calling it that is fine change the narrative so that someone else was the blame other than Trump?

This is an age old tactic probably spanning the entire existence of humans. People love to blame minorities and immigrants especially when shit is going bad. History tells us they are willing to get violent about it.

If changing the name of it reduces that risk even just a little, why not?

You just had a small army of fucking retards try to destroy the capital. Over nothing. Over a steadfast dedication to a man who doesn’t give a fuck about anyone or anything but himself.

These idiots can be convinced of anything just at the near suggestion of the all mighty one.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I didn’t understand hardly any of that.

But if you’re worried about someone misinterpreting something innocuous, then don’t even bother to leave your house anymore. And it’s never enough.

misterID

misterID wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

There’s been a big shift in Hispanic politics, and they’re turning into republicans. Like James mentioned, they just flipped a Texas seat red last night that has been in Democrat control for over a hundred years. Also, Elon Musk endorsed her and has left the Democrat party to become a Republican. I’ve noticed a war between conservatives and populists and the rise of what they call “Barstool” republicans, who are more liberal. I’m wondering how this all plays out.

There’s a big chance an immigration bill gets passed soon. There’s a push to bring in more immigrants because of job shortages from the right. I would never have thought they’d get a gun bill passed, but here we are. This election is going to be very interesting.

Well, Trump and Republicans did make gains/inroads in 2020.  That should have been a fucking big ass warning sign for the Dems to you know not take this voting block for granted and shore up whatever issues they had.  Nope.  And it has already bit them in the ass.

The Barstool Republicans, sound like some of the old school repubs of the years past (ie NON Trump Republicans).  Sadly, I still think the Trump voters outnumber these guys but I hope I'm wrong.

The monkeypox is just stupid.  Who is offended by this and who the fuck cares?  I mean there are a ton more things to get offended by then that.

Oh, Barstool republicans are basically tied to Barstool sports. Basically, anti woke dudes who lean more liberal. Sort of like Joe Rogan.

Trump’s rallies have been shrinking and his endorsed candidates have been losing, badly. You’re just not hearing this because keeping him a boogie man is very lucrative for news sites/shows. The ratings for the hearings haven’t been very good, either.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Oh, Barstool republicans are basically tied to Barstool sports. Basically, anti woke dudes who lean more liberal. Sort of like Joe Rogan.

There must be a lot of them out there i think.

Like people who were originally "left wing" in that they think there should be a strong social safety net, don't mind a moderate amount of government regulation on business in the public interest, and don't mind a reasonable level of taxation to achieve those aims. People who are capitalist but who think no regulation unlimited capitalism could be too far.

They are left in the sense that a right wing person likes small government and less taxes, but they don't necessarily subscribe to the modern leftist theories of gender and racism in everthing.

I consider myself a little like this in that I have some sympathy for the poor, and I think it's unrealistic to think everyone down and out has a realistic shot of bootstrapping themselves to a good place, especially when some of them face multi-generational disadvantages. However at the same time, so much of what the mainstream media pushes as sexism, racism and all the so called woke stuff is just illogical and outright nuts to me too. I don't think there's a political home for me at this stage. The far right is racist which I can't accept, the middle right i see their point but they're so harsh and mean, there doesn't seem to be a center, and then the whole left seems to a land of people who believe things I think are bordering on crazy. Why is there no centre and why is there no moderate left? That's my 2c anyway.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Why is there no centre and why is there no moderate left? That's my 2c anyway.

For the same reason there is no center or moderates in a war. All you have is two extremes fighting each other. There is no room or need for anything else. You are watching a society in the process of disintegration. The dichotomy will only continue to get more extreme until one side emerges victorious. And that side is looking to be the extreme left. On the political level they have already won.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Why is there no centre and why is there no moderate left? That's my 2c anyway.

For the same reason there is no center or moderates in a war. All you have is two extremes fighting each other. There is no room or need for anything else. You are watching a society in the process of disintegration. The dichotomy will only continue to get more extreme until one side emerges victorious. And that side is looking to be the extreme left. On the political level they have already won.

I'm curious as to why you think the extreme left have already won politically?

Personally, I know that if I have to choose between the extremes, I will pick the left. That's if all I have to choose from are those two options.

I have nothing in common with the far right...they have nothing to offer me. They can't even articulate a point clearly and much of their belief system revolves around the idea that there's a man in the sky watching you. If you can believe that, you can believe anything.

It does seem as though the only way to motivate the extreme right is by feeding in the conspiracies and the false information. Also, I think it's interesting to see who votes for what...Trump, in many ways, could be the last gasp of the far right. When he baby boomers completely die off...who is gonna buy this shit anymore?

The biggest criticisms of the left come from social issues...the trans stuff, the LGBQT stuff...the abortion stuff...the right want to control people with archaic ideologies and that only emboldens them to want to rebel more.

misterID

misterID wrote:

The far left currently hold the White House, congress and the senate along with nearly every major city.

President Grandpa Simpson’s entire administration are left wingers. I read he’s complaining that they undermine him with every statement they release… you hired them, dumb ass!

Board footer