You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 653 

Re: Current Events Thread

monkeychow wrote:

My thing is I feel if you went digging on any politician from either side long enough you will find something distasteful. Or any CEO type powerbroker person too. Sadly it seems you have to be pretty ruthless to get ahead, or at least, have a lot of money and be at least some what pragmatic when it comes to rules and getting stuff done. Those are just the kinds of people who seem to win in our type of society.

So I mean it's not that I like a lot of things trump has said and done, it's more that I ask myself why the media and everyone was suddenly so deeply offended by conduct I see as stock standard from everyone in his whole class of society. Like was he really objectively worse, or did he just package things up a bit differently?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 138 

Re: Current Events Thread

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

We're talking about the National Archives here, no top secret blue prints to a working antimatter engine and warpdrive.


Want to walk this back? 16


No, do you think Garland revealed something serious?  Let's see what the warrant says and what documents Trump had.  What do you think were in these documents?  Or is it because Garland said "nuclear" you assume it's something not found on Wikipedia. Continue to believe all the hyperbole without anything to qualify it.

You're now in the same bead as SlashFro, saying Trump was going to sell these.  You're just as coo coo for cocoa puffs as the people who think Democrats are fucking toddlers in Pizza shops. You guys accept any negative story if its against a politician you dislike, and handwave evidence of wrongdoing of people you like.  It's really sad and quite frankly a shame.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Current Events Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

If the FBI found the smoking gun I think we would know by now.

Biden knew for sure. Yes he said he would be autonomous but this is HIS AG, his AG had to mention this may happen, it is just too big of a story to blindside the current Biden admin with. Biden should be involved a little bit because the DOJ is part of the executive branch. Look how Eric Holder and Obama were. They were in on everything together.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Current Events Thread

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Let's see what the warrant says and what documents Trump had.

I said that...

Randall Flagg wrote:

Or is it because Garland said "nuclear" you assume it's something not found on Wikipedia Continue to believe all the hyperbole without anything to qualify it.

Garland didn't say anything about nuclear. WaPo are the ones reporting that he has nuclear documents. If that's true and what that means, we'll see. All I'd say is you dismissed the idea it was anything like that as fanciful, after the last 24 hours I'd upgrade that likelihood by a lot.


Randall Flagg wrote:

You're now in the same bead as SlashFro, saying Trump was going to sell these.  You're just as coo coo for cocoa puffs as the people who think Democrats are fucking toddlers in Pizza shops.

Not really. Neither I or slashfro said that is what we believe, we think that happened. We're both just speculating. I'm not even speculating that is what happened, just commenting that what at first was an out there theory has becomes more plausible if recent reporting is true. And as I said in the first place - we'll see what the warrant says and what we learn over the coming days, weeks and months.

Anyway you keep ranting and talking up the danger of a violent uprising against this witchhunt and how the vegan soy boys will be crushed. Totally normal behavior... but of course you don't back the right wing crazies. You just equivocate and make excuses for them whilst condemning them and saying people on the left will have a rude awakening one day.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Current Events Thread

Axl S wrote:

Oh look, the warrant leaked.

One of the things he’s under investigation for is

18 USC 793 — Gathering, transmitting or losing defence information

Clearly it was insanity for anyone to suggest he might have been involved in distributing state secrets. Those folk were way off the mark.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 138 

Re: Current Events Thread

Axl S wrote:

Oh look, the warrant leaked.

One of the things he’s under investigation for is

18 USC 793 — Gathering, transmitting or losing defence information

Clearly it was insanity for anyone to suggest he might have been involved in distributing state secrets. Those folk were way off the mark.


Yes, that’s totally comparable to espionage and the treason you parroted as a totally valid scenario. It’s just very sad people can think as you do and be so painfully unaware of their bias and partisan view.

Clinton was absolutely, indisputably guilty of that very example you gave. Yet no raid, let alone a formal interview.

Keeping pushing unfounded conspiracy. The forum needs a new SLC or Mitch to keep things interesting. Glad you’re willing to volunteer.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Current Events Thread

Axl S wrote:

How is it unfounded conspiracy? Both slashfro and I said we suspect this is something shady. Like selling documents perhaps as an example. Based on the warrant, our suspicions don't seem far off.

18 USC 793 — Gathering, transmitting or losing defence information


Not sure why you're bringing up Clinton against me. I've always said that her email server was terrible. Under no circumstances should the Secretary of State have been authorising drone strikes using personal devices and a personal email.

But her getting off lightly for that doesn't make what Trump is under investigation of any more admissible and ok.


You say that this isn't comparable espionage... he's literally under investigation for violating the Espionage Act. Stop denying reality.

misterID
 Rep: 473 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

I just don’t see him selling state secrets.

People were actually calling for Ivana to be dug up because they swore he buried secret evidence in her grave.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Current Events Thread

Axl S wrote:
misterID wrote:

I just don’t see him selling state secrets.

People were actually calling for Ivana to be dug up because they swore he buried secret evidence in her grave.

I’ll be honest, I don’t see him selling state secrets either and I don’t see him burying evidence in Ivana’s grave. Hell I never floated the idea of him selling documents, just upgraded it from unlikely to almost plausible as more news emerged.

I do think he’s involved in more than just being dumb and not returning documents. As said, this seems a heavy handed approach if that’s all this is.

My point was that Flagg dismissed the notion of him being involved in anything shady, anything to do with espionage etc. and ran down me and slashfro as being “coo coo” and then it turns out that he is being investigated for espionage.

misterID
 Rep: 473 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

Anything is possible, I just don’t think he’s smart enough or dumb enough to do that. He’s like the Diet Coke of dumb. Not all that good either way.

He could’ve absolutely been reckless with it. Something as big as espionage would require something… I don’t know, bigger? Like they’d have to be certain he did it, and there would have to be arrests, and Garland would definitely have to know about it. It’s just strange. It started off being a Secret Service agent being concerned over improperly stored documents to selling shit to Saudi Arabia. Idk

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB