You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski *Book Review/SPOILERS*

Neemo wrote:

Ok so this is the crazy book i was tellin y'all about on the old site.

I finally finished it and it was a fucking ride! I'll tell ya.

So it goes like this

There is this old guy named Zampano who spent his whole life reviewing a fictionous Movie Documentary

The Movie is called the Navidson Record which was about this house which had a extradimensional space inside of it, Will Navidson being the owner of the house

So anyway Zampano dies and a young man named Johnny Truant finds the manuscript of the book and reviews the review so to speak. well as the book progresses the house gets more fucked up, WIll Navidson gets more obsessed about the House, Zampano starts to get a bit loony and Johnny starts to go whacko. and of course the style of writing also goes a bit crazy, wordss on angles, upside down mirrored, spiraled...you name it.

Inside the book it ressembles a love story, a horror story, a drama and a psychological review. It also has many hidden messages and other more bizarre secrets. Also i dunno if any of you remember the female singer from the 90's called POE....but she is the author's sister and her second album "Haunted" is a soundtrack to the book.

Over all this book was fantastic I cant say enough about it. It was a bit of a challenge though, if you enjoy puzzles and books this is definately for you i recommend it to everyone, the layout is a one of a kind and beautiful. I bought the book before i even knew what it was about, just by the presentation.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Sounds interesting. I'll have to see if this book is on the paperback bookclub site I am a member of.

Yeah, I remember Poe. I didn't even know she had a new album.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

its actually from like 2000 or something .... both this book and her Haunted album

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I might have to download some of those tracks.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

I am really curious about this book but my head is so all over the place at the moment anyway, this book sounds like it could finish me off! big_smile

Board footer