You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Kick Ass Videos

Von wrote:

There you go bigbri. I edited my post so I hope that helps. Hope you dug some stuff.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Faith No More - The Real Thing

Alice in Chains - Junkhead Live performance at "singles" release party

Black Stone Cherry - Lonely Train Acoustic set

DOWN - Ghosts Along The Mississippi

Dio - Stand Up and Shout

Brand New Sin - House Of The Rising Sun (Live) 10-26-07

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I thought we had a "Youtube finds" thread but I couldn't find it, I figure it can go in here.

A few days ago we had some discussion about GnR's 'Sympathy for the Devil' in another thread. I was saying how I felt Jane's did a much better job at it before GnR attempted their cover. Last night I was looking for the version by Jane's:

when after browsing I came across this cool little version as well. Oddly enough I'm pretty sure this is G-Love, a Philadelphia alt-bluesman who had a moderate hit back in the 90's (Cold Beverage):

nugdafied wrote:

Slash & Jerry Cantrell covering Thin Lizzy's "Jailbreak".

Tenacious D - Master Exploder

Buckethead - Red Hot Mama

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Runaway Train - Soul Asylum: http://youtube.com/watch?v=psP1bKKEtHg
This in my opinion is the greatest video of all time in terms of the impact it had on society. Yeah sure there may have been more popular muisc videos but the simply fact that two of the kids featured in the video were reunited with their families because of this video makes Runaway Train the greatest impact video of all-time and possibly the most important video period of all-time. There's no legit arguement against it in my opinion.

Alive - Edwin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxaAfaCln8
Quite simply the greatest video in the history of music videos in terms of complementing the song. This is of ocurse MY OPINION but I've never seen a  video that has enhanced such a great song the way this one does. It's breathtaking in my opinion but oddly there's nthing really spectacular about it. The two just go hand in hand perfectly more so than any video/song before or since.

The Fly - U2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc2nMTnQFvo
No video ever has announced a band's change in everything the way the Fly did for U2.  In my opinion( and this coming from a  learned U2 fan, not someone who was a fan at the time) the tranformation from Joshua Tree/Rattle and Hum to Achtung Baby is extraordinary. It's unbelievable really. To think a band could change their image, sound and attitude so extreme the way U2 did and have it come off as legit and not as a sell out and at the same time increase their fanbase is unbeliveable. The Video was the first glimpse of the "new" U2. It's insane to watch the video for Where the Streets Have No Name and then this video back to back and think it's the same band.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ I agree Bono, Achtung Baby was a great transformation for U2. They saw the music landscape changing and took influences from other bands like Depeche Mode and transformed themselves, while still writing great music. Can't think of another band who has done that. Also, the songs sound like they could be released onto the radio today.

nugdafied wrote:

Time to get this bitch up & running again!

Stone Temple Pilots-Trippin on a Hole in a Paper Heart

The Black Crowes-No Speak No Slave

Lenny Kravitz-Are You Gonna Go My Way

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Santogold- L.E.S. Artistes

Santogold- Lights Out

Milli Vanilli- Girl You Know It's True

NIN- Discipline rehearsal