You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: We don't really expect a new setlist do we?

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Absolute shot in the arm.

If they add Hard School and Perhaps things will be on a good path.

Unfortunately only 1 of those was on the rehearsal list iirc.

As much as I love getting to hear new live stuff.....do NOT waste Perhaps in a live setting for the first time.

That begs for a proper release...let people soak it in....then add it to the setlist.

Yeah Perhaps is the best of those demos.

Oklahoma seems like itmcould be something special with a little work. Not too hard, not too soft.

Save that one too.

Don't play your best material beforehand again.

All Oklahoma needed was vocals.

I still listen to it occasionally. It's a scorcher.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Good catch on him referring to it as “new” a couple of times .
I’m all for it - I’m all in. Bizarre track to debut in this way but it has a futuristic punk vibe I can see being cool on an album…

So when are we getting news of new music ? A “leaked” song or a single on streaming platforms soon?

Things are boding well I’d say - huge shift from the first gig

James

James wrote:

God I remember that. Hard to believe that was 15 Years ago.

It was the type of thing Axl and the rest of the guys should've been doing all along....

Taking the piss right along with the fans.

James

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Good catch on him referring to it as “new” a couple of times .
I’m all for it - I’m all in. Bizarre track to debut in this way but it has a futuristic punk vibe I can see being cool on an album…

So when are we getting news of new music ? A “leaked” song or a single on streaming platforms soon?

Things are boding well I’d say - huge shift from the first gig

Would've been a great track to have in that Cyberpunk video game.

No reason to leak it....not even to appease hardcores like some bands might do. We already have a version of it.

Just release one of the two tracks as a single and let the chips fall where they may.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

This HAS to mean something is in the works right??? They wouldn't just play Silkworms and have Hardschool in the set just because of the leaks right? The leaks made no noise outside of gnr forums. I hope we hear Oklahoma and Soul Monster and The General now, even the versions without Bucket I would be fine with they show a lot of promise.

Yeah me too buddy. Fortus does a perfectly good job of covering BHs stuff

guts
 Rep: 1 

guts wrote:

No one expected for Silkworms to come back lol.

The 2001 version with Bucket and Finck is still the better version.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This is good news for State of Grace and Perhaps which I think are great fucking songs.

I also think Eye on You has great verse melody even if Axl went a bit far with the daddy mac stuff.

Really fun hearing slash on Absurd...i've been wanting this since I heard the bumble demo....I feel really positive things are looking a bit different for once!

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Yeah I mean what other reasons could they have to play new songs if they aren’t going to release them.

Think State of Grace shows great potential but have never got the hype for Perhaps. Maybe a reworked version will bring me round …

Will have to delve back into the Village leaks tonight …

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Absurd - kudos for playing something ‘new’  Seemed like Axl sang the song with attitude and a bit of venom, which was fun. Not sure I like the ‘absurd’ part.

Perhaps it will be a b-side to a new single (if b-sides still exist!)

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

If Axl gets to release ‘CD2’ and ‘CD3’ the way he wants to (songs, artwork, promotion etc) and can fulfil his original 3 album dream then good for him. Perhaps relations with the record company are in a better place now and they’re more comfortable just letting him get on with it. Exciting!

Board footer