You are not logged in. Please register or login.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

Re: We don't really expect a new setlist do we?

davegnfnr2k wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:

You don't have to pay artists to play cover songs at a concert.  You only have to pay if you release them like on CD or digital music.

In Australia the venue pays an annual license fee to cover the songwriters of all music played in the venue - every artist submits a setlist and it's split between them at the end of the year. The cost to a big venue like a stadium is proportionally more than a small venue like a bar.

End result, Axl wouldn't have to pay pitman if he plays silkworms, but it would cause pitman to get paid (from the performing rights cut taken from the venue)

Thus if you had the right level of spite, you might withhold a song just to stop that happening.

Not saying Axl does this...but if he's as much of an asshole as I can be in the right mood then it's at least a possibility.

that is not how it is in the US
Also it depends on what the contracts are for Axls hired guns.  He could say you only get a set fee for what you play live and not royalties

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Performance royalties are a thing in the usa, collected by BMI, ASCAP, and SESAC.

Sky Dog wrote:

Back to the setlist, they really need Madagascar full time in the setlist. Great song which is spot on for the world we currently live in. Axl can sing this one very well and Melissa has great background vocals. Just drop Black Hole Sun. They have paid their respects to Cornell. axl

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Hoping for the debut of Oklahoma/Berlin. It was apparently ready for prime time at the HOB 2001 and may even date to the 1995-1996 sessions.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Hoping for the debut of Oklahoma/Berlin. It was apparently ready for prime time at the HOB 2001 and may even date to the 1995-1996 sessions.

This is a level of optimism I like to see! 16

I thought I was being hopeful for Hardschool.

Sky Dog wrote:

The General needs to be played! tongue

AtariLegend wrote:

I bet Breakdown is added to the set list randomly and a new cover.

That's probably as interesting as it gets.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

If they’re going to do a UYI anniversary box opening with Right Next Door to Hell or Pretty Tied Up would be cool.

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl may have a heart attack starting with Right Next Door To Hell.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

If they’re going to do a UYI anniversary box opening with Right Next Door to Hell or Pretty Tied Up would be cool.

The window to announce the anniversary set may be closing. Ozzy's No More Tears... released on the same day as UYI...just got an announcement for its set.

Are they going to wait until next year like with AFD?

Board footer