You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: We don't really expect a new setlist do we?

Scabbie wrote:

I’ve lost so much respect for the band. Part of going to a gig for me is some element of surprise about what songs the performer will play. How many times can someone sit through easy, brownstone and jungle. Time to massively shake it up! That’s why I can’t part with however much they are asking for a ticket these days

Cerulean wind
 Rep: -6 

JULY 30TH: (SOUNDCHECK)

1 - Instrumental Jam NEW SONG
2 - Welcome To The Jungle
3 - Slither
4 - Coma
5 - Locomotive
6 - Out Ta Get Me
7 - My Michelle
8 - Black Hole Sun [Duff McKagan on lead vocals] (Soundgarden cover)
9 - Patience
10 - Rocket Queen
11 - Civil War [Less than a minute]
12 - Catcher In The Rye
13 - Sorry
14 - Madagascar
15 - Prostitute
16 - There Was A Time
17 - HARD SCHOOL
18 - MACHINE GUN (Hendrix cover)
19 - Used To Love Her
20 - The Seeker (The Who cover)
21 - Paradise City

Security guards kicking fans out of the venue. Security did not allow recordings.

From an insider on FB and MyGnR.

GUNS N' ROSES - HARD SCHOOL (2021 - without Axl Rose):

https://streamable.com/himy02

Christ!! I love this new version! It's so Guns N' Roses! Beats the 2000 recording by a country mile.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:

https://streamable.com/himy02

they totally butched the song and took out all the good guitars.

Cerulean wind
 Rep: -6 

EDIT:

#1 might be "Bennie & The Jets" (Elton John cover).

No signals of a ZZ Top cover... so far.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Watered down Hard School is… watered down.

I’ll withhold final judgment until I hear an album/demo quality cut but significantly worse than the Sorry downgrade.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

You people are on crack. No one's more of a CD era purist than me and I'd rather have Zodiac, Soul Monster & Berlin in their original forms than this, but the original Hardschool demo is pure uninspired nonsense. Boring intro, solos that don't fit, ect. Slash gives it a more UYI feel and gives the song a rawer, meaner feel. This is a huge improvement.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I just heard it once. Yeah it's different but I don't have a problem with it. I can take it or leave it...but that's beside the point.

They've clearly worked on CD era tracks. This is going beyond reworking 13 year old released tracks.

This is technically a new song....and 99.9% of the audience has no idea it exists.

If it's becoming a staple in the set list, it's the first sign in five years that something might be on the horizon.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

only 8 more years for a new album now. thank u axl by take care of us

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

sounds killer! it's as good as I could imagine this lineup doing it. If all we are getting  regarding new material is reworked CD leftovers in this vein, then that will suffice as long as the material is strong - bring it on! Just hope they actually play it in the set...

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

If it's becoming a staple in the set list, it's the first sign in five years that something might be on the horizon.

Been saying this repeatedly. Seen some negative fans complaining about the changes or saying they don't want to hear it if Axl sounds bad.

How good this is isn't the point. They could play Silkworms II and it could be the worst thing we've ever heard - would still be a positive.

Like you say, a sign of things actually progressing.

Board footer