You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Absurd

jimmythegent wrote:

I hope it’s not just CD2 with Slash and Duff - I’d like to think perhaps they brought some material to the table and also perhaps some older material was revisited they were involved in. And even the current band working up something - but I’m excited for anything

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Haha actually my first thoughts too.

Yeah...like in 2006 when people were singing along to "better" before the song had been offical and Axl called them "Downloading Motherfuckers" in reference to the leaks.

He is aware we boot stufff.

But there's a bit of talk around that this is real, so lets hope so.

Cerulean wind
 Rep: -6 

So.. 30 minutes to go?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I now rate this song over OMG

Yes! Accept your mac daddy! 16

Seriously though i get why the rio3 version with the synth wasn't for everyone but these guitars rock hard. It's a really cool little rocker IMO. Love the little bend fortus does coming out of the solo around 1.38 and slash's solos are cool too.

Slash seems into it too. So that is cool.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I hope it’s not just CD2 with Slash and Duff - I’d like to think perhaps they brought to the table and also perhaps some older material was revisited they were involved in. And even the current band working up something - but I’m excited for anything

I've always wanted CD II. I always said if he would release it I'd never ask for anything else.

In a perfect world it gets released with the 2001-02 lineup....but that was never happening.

This was the only way we were ever going to see it get released in their lifetime.

He was sitting on some killer material....an albums worth of scorchers. Any talk the past five years of putting an album out would've revolved around the Chinese elephant in the room.

Sure... it's possible they went back to the 95-96 sessions or even whipped up a new track or two.....

But I'm expecting the second half of Chinese featuring Slash, Duff, and Melissa.

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I now rate this song over OMG

Yes! Accept your mac daddy! 16

Seriously though i get why the rio3 version with the synth wasn't for everyone but these guitars rock hard. It's a really cool little rocker IMO. Love the little bend fortus does coming out of the solo around 1.38 and slash's solos are cool too.

Slash seems into it too. So that is cool.

Of course he's into it....

He's getting what he's wanted since running away with those Snakepit demos in 94....

He's on a GNR album. 

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

He was sitting on some killer material....an albums worth of scorchers. Any talk the past five years of putting an album out would've revolved around the Chinese elephant in the room.

I've been listening to the leaks alot lately and the instrumental stuff that he never did anything with, up until now,  like Soul Monster and Oklahoma grow on you.  I'm excited to see what Slash and Duff can do with this.

Oh, have I entered some bizarro world where Guns N' Roses is now releasing music via download?

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Who thinks we find out the name of the album, album cover and possibly track listing with this release today?

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

I've been listening to the leaks alot lately and the instrumental stuff that he never did anything with, up until now,  like Soul Monster and Oklahoma grow on you.  I'm excited to see what Slash and Duff can do with this.

Oh, have I entered some bizarro world where Guns N' Roses is now releasing music via download?

Oklahoma begs to be a single....I pray he brought killer vocals/lyrics to the table.

Soul Monster will be a killer deep cut.

Before today....I would've said some of the material has zero chance of making the cut.

Silkworms proves that all options are on the table.

This is kinda how it felt as a teen during the leadup to Illusions. You just knew anything could happen.

It's what's been missing for so long....

Excitement.

Cerulean wind
 Rep: -6 

Less than 14 minutes...

Board footer