You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Absurd

metallex78 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I miss "What can I do/With a bitch like you?" sad Put that back in the studio version, it's much better than just shouting "Absurd" over and over.

My thoughts exactly. Axl made the song worse with “Absurd” repeated in place of that line.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Funny thing is, we know Axl browses the forums.

There's a not-insignificant chance that he's in here reading us complaining about losing "a bitch like you," and singing the opening verse of Slither all wrong (for fuck's sake, Axl), and he's just going to double down and go, "Fuck 'em, I do what I want." He's nothing if not stubborn.

I mean, the fact that he's clung onto Silkworms for 20 years, through three different incarnations of the band, when half the fanbase hates it is hilarious to me.

Truly, he is a master troll.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

There's a not-insignificant chance that he's in here reading us complaining about losing "a bitch like you," and singing the opening verse of Slither all wrong (for fuck's sake, Axl), and he's just going to double down and go, "Fuck 'em, I do what I want." He's nothing if not stubborn.

I mean, the fact that he's clung onto Silkworms for 20 years, through three different incarnations of the band, when half the fanbase hates it is hilarious to me.

Yeah there is some hilarious irony with all this. Axl: if you're reading this - great energy in the show! Bring back the "bitch like you" part too will ya!

I'd wager that less than 1% of the fanbase know of or have heard Silkworms less alone have any opinion whatsoever on it. Strictly forum nerds and obsessives.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I miss "What can I do/With a bitch like you?" sad Put that back in the studio version, it's much better than just shouting "Absurd" over and over.

I wouldn’t mind a mix of the two.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

A 60 year old Axl Rose singing pussy full of maggots is something I never knew I'd be excited to hear.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Amazing how shitty he sings slither yet can belt out this or CD effortless.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

A 60 year old Axl Rose singing pussy full of maggots is something I never knew I'd be excited to hear.

CDII STARTS NOW lol

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Wait until you come to accept Axl as our Mac Daddy. axl big_smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Is it me or did Axl seem more "animated" and excited singing this than anything else over the past few years?

He hasn't been singing it for 30 years. He's basically on autopilot on the old stuff.

A new album really could be a game changer...not just for fans.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
kemmep wrote:

Lol, that was realy absurd. But i like it haha. Pitman already predicted this moment:

There’s been a lot of talk about a Guns N’ Roses collaboration between yourself and Dizzy Reed, on a track known as ‘Silkworms’. It has been confirmed that this track will not make the final cut of Chinese Democracy. Why is this? Does the track have a future as a B-side or future release?

Pitman: I hope so. That song in particular that you are talking about, ‘Silkworms’, it ended up being this incredible track that sounded like Guns N’ Roses 10 or 15 years in the future. It was so far removed from our other songs that we had to put it in this other place. Concept-wise, it didn’t fit with Chinese Democracy. We hope we will have other songs that match that kind of futuristic sound. It’s a really exciting track because it morphs into this crazy sound, but it was out so much in the other direction that we have to let time catch up with it.

If it actually gets released....this shoots up into the top 10 GNR quotes.

Board footer