You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: GNR Release 'Absurd' Single

misterID wrote:

I really, really, really hope this is the start of the promotion leading up to an album announcement. I'll be majorly bummed if it was released for the tour or just shits and giggles.

I want to believe this is the beginning rumblings of something big. They've gotten everyone's attention with a big WTF? move. Please don't blow this. Hard School is a very good single to launch an album.

How long do they wait to release hard school?  I don't think they can do it in the next couple weeks to allow Absurd time to breathe, but they're leaving the US in 2 months and heading to South America and Australia right after.  Then they have 6 months of a tour gap before they hit Europe.  An album needs to be out before Europe, and I'd assume a 2nd tour of North America late summer/fall of next year.  I'm no internet guru, but you only have people's attention for so long.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

I really, really, really hope this is the start of the promotion leading up to an album announcement. I'll be majorly bummed if it was released for the tour or just shits and giggles.

I want to believe this is the beginning rumblings of something big. They've gotten everyone's attention with a big WTF? move. Please don't blow this. Hard School is a very good single to launch an album.

How long do they wait to release hard school?  I don't think they can do it in the next couple weeks to allow Absurd time to breathe, but they're leaving the US in 2 months and heading to South America and Australia right after.  Then they have 6 months of a tour gap before they hit Europe.  An album needs to be out before Europe, and I'd assume a 2nd tour of North America late summer/fall of next year.  I'm no internet guru, but you only have people's attention for so long.

Timeline is even shorter since the Australia dates are in danger of being canceled.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm sticking with my prediction of a fall release with a couple more singles between now and the release... regardless of upcoming tour legs.

I do agree they need it out there before hitting Europe and the US again.

An album will give the touring machine a shot of adrenaline.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'm no internet guru, but you only have people's attention for so long.

Yup. Even if not releasing anything more for a while, just saying "plan is for an album in 2022" helps keep the momentum going.

Reception is mixed but they have buzz. Got to keep it up.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:

they are rehearsing hard school, so hopefully its not that far behind.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

davegnfnr2k wrote:

they are rehearsing hard school, so hopefully its not that far behind.

Hopefully. I guess with Absurd doing the rounds they won't want to drop Hardschool too soon and steal its thunder, though.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I could see Hardschool dropping earliest mid September and latest early November.

axlroselocke1
 Rep: 1 

I'm hoping that this isn't on the album of there is one. I hope it was just to show that they have been working on material and not just saying they have been. I didn't like it in 2001 and I'm not a fan now. That being said I'm still pretty pumped that it happened. Exciting times right now.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

What if the songs Gn'R releases this year are the "bonus songs"?

trollface-PNG9.png

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Can y'all catch me up to speed? What is going on? Will there be a new album?

Board footer