You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GNR Release 'Absurd' Single

James wrote:

Sorry, this whole proper planning thing is new to me.

Jesus....

I'm hoping this is some sort of joke regarding how little GNR has released instead of pointing out rookies are in charge of the rollout.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Do any bands release singles on vinyl these days? Like any?

I only ever see full length releases on vinyl nowadays.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
Axl S wrote:

no way gn'r goes through all the trouble of pressing vinyl in 2021 just to get us absurd.

album confirmed!

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

College football forum I visit has a new thread on this song today. The response is 100% negative. These guys are casual GN’R fans who dig the classic sound. This really seems like we got to see how the world would react in 1991 if My World was released as a single.

Not really surprised at all with this response.  This (Absurd) is not a song that casuals will dig.  I want to hear the interview and see why this song was released first.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Axl S wrote:

That's what I was thinking. No way in hell they release a record with just absurd on it. We shall see, I still don't believe shit is coming until its in my hands but this adds a tiny tiny piece of hope that maybe something that resembles a full release is coming.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The fact that it's the "wrong" choice in a way is what makes it right.

Like too long has there been this psychotic pressure around GNR albums.

I mean we get one every 15 years. It's always like pulling teeth for us and I assume them.

Bands like metallica put out stuff all the time and go through phases and the world doesn't end. They'll do a hard rock phase and kirk will wear some nail polish, or they'll make a 3d movie, or they'll put out a poetry album or whatever. Because they are prolific they are also given some freedom to be artists and people carry on about how they suck since the first 4 albums or whatever but the train carries on.

In a way this is what GNR needs. Like in a way absurd is a good single choice cos it's not trying to be November Rain 2 or You Could Be Mine 2 or Sweet Child 2....it's just a song....it's a song they like...a song I like...it doesn't have to heal the world....maybe the less pressure that comes with doing something and not expecting it to be a world changer is actually what Axl needs to get more comfortable sharing his music again more often....who knows.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It was a genius strategy to lower expectations big_smile

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I'll buy this single.

I'm excited if they're pressing it.

That's good.

I love 45s.

I remember getting into Mudcrutch listening to Trailer. That was so good.

And one day discovering Mother And Child Reunion by Paul Simon. Never heard it until a few years back (I know). So hearing it on a 45. Man I like it.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

It was a genius strategy to lower expectations big_smile

That's my thought. The casual audience will really enjoy Hard School, if the damn thing is ever released. It would be the most GN'R thing of all-time if they release Absurd and that's the end of the road.

kemmep
 Rep: 1 

kemmep wrote:

Cool, i will buy the (vinyl) single. It looks like we will see the new album this year.

Board footer