You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GNR Release 'Absurd' Single

James wrote:

Dave and his magic headphones...how I missed thee.  16

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
James wrote:

you do hear the skip right ha ha

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:

Anyone else triggered by the sloppy edit job on the first verse with the skip at screaming fucking banshee part that is not even on the other verses when he sings it again.  It was there on the BBF version, you would think they would have fixed it since it was not there on the village version.   

That’s the part I was referring to . Is it deliberate ?

It sounds like when you “bump” something in a digital audio workstation (DAW) when recording and have to drag it back in place .
I’m guessing it was an accident kept in deliberately cos they liked it ? Cos otherwise it beggars belief

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:

Anyone else triggered by the sloppy edit job on the first verse with the skip at screaming fucking banshee part that is not even on the other verses when he sings it again.  It was there on the BBF version, you would think they would have fixed it since it was not there on the village version.   

That’s the part I was referring to . Is it deliberate ?

It sounds like when you “bump” something in a digital audio workstation (DAW) when recording and have to drag it back in place .
I’m guessing it was an accident kept in deliberately cos they liked it ? Cos otherwise it beggars belief

it was not on the village tapes version. It did not appear until the 2013 BBF version. so not clue

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

I like the rawer sound - which obviously Slash contributes to. But it’s no where near as layered as Chinese ended up. That is positive

If those vocal lines are mistakenly bumped out of place that is possibly the most ameturish thing a major rock back has ever done - including the botched Chinese  inlay/liner notes.
Its got to be deliberate and likely what I said - a mistake they liked and decided to keep in? Its very jarring

Overall it’s growing on me

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

Can anyone share the BBF version?

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

The trip sounds like it repeated in the second verse around the 1.25 mark

Yes it happens twice - which again lends credence to it being deliberate surely?

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Yes it happens twice - which again lends credence to it being deliberate surely?

its not, its just Caram being a shittier producer.  There are tons of mistakes like that on the CD album too that is not on the demos.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

its not, its just Caram being a shittier producer.  There are tons of mistakes like that on the CD album too that is not on the demos.

Mmm I’m not sure . I know there are shitty mixing decisions on Chinese but this almost sounded like a CD skipping first time I heard it … it beggars belief that a major act like GnR would release their first new song with Slash for 30 years and have glaring editing errors strewn through it. I simply can’t believe that Slash and Duff would allow it . I maintain it must be a mistake in the mixing room that they decided to leave in cos they liked it

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
James wrote:

you do hear the skip right ha ha

Yeah it's there all right....

It just brought back memories of you deciphering songs on your headphones 15 years ago.

Looks like the wacky history of Chinese Democracy will continue with the sequel....

Board footer