You are not logged in. Please register or login.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

Re: GNR Release 'Absurd' Single

exoterica wrote:

I’d love a properly mixed Oh My God.

Not excited if they swap Freese for Frank though. They could smooth the edges on some of the discordant sounds.

I just need Axl higher in the mix.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Not excited if they swap Freese for Frank though. They could smooth the edges on some of the discordant sounds.

Maybe he wasn't lying.

It really was a demo....

If so....it is in play.

It was dropped at the same time Silkworms was....and we know the later CD lineup worked on both tracks.

Edit

Absurd
Hardschool
Oh My God

If it's a 12 track album.... we're off to a great start!

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

It really is bizarre when you think about it...

Slash, Duff, and Izzy with the wisecracks about grunge/industrial in the late 90s.

Fast forward 20 years....

Reunion is here and they break the ice about a new record.

They are shown the songs they would've worked on had they never left in the first place.

*Insert Axl shit eating grin here*

Yeah.  I remember 95-97 time period almost every band was doing a grunge infleunced record.  I'm not sure why they were so fucking opposed to it.  Guess egos clashing and half the band being on drugs or major drunks didn't help.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Somewhere Axl is laughing his ass off.

Silkworms is their first single. Not Hard School.

Silkworms.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Somewhere Axl is laughing his ass off.

Silkworms is their first single. Not Hard School.

Silkworms.

A power play of sorts.

He is in charge...yet ironically couldn't get away with this if Slash wasn't back.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Maybe he wasn't lying.

It really was a demo....!

The Rock in Rio 2011 rehearsal version is a lot like the changes Silkworms got. More riffy and classic.

It was also slowed down like Hard School seems to be so Axl can pull it off live.

Slash and Duff were against Oh My God when Axl wanted to work on it. Could avoid it for that reason.

But I was thinking which is the more out there song. I always thought Oh My God was very GNR. It’s heavy and the vocal style is very UYI.

James

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Slash, Duff, and Izzy with the wisecracks about grunge/industrial in the late 90s.

They are shown the songs they would've worked on had they never left in the first place.

Yeah.  I remember 95-97 time period almost every band was doing a grunge infleunced record.  I'm not sure why they were so fucking opposed to it.  Guess egos clashing and half the band being on drugs or major drunks didn't help.

When we finally get the album, we're going to realize what a waste the whole saga was. It all should've happened back then.....hell....he showed up at HOB in 2000 but got tossed out!

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
James wrote:

I guess you can say that Axl has won.. and it only took him 25 years!

I believe it was you who said that they should've taken a break at the time (95-97), work on their solo stuff for a while then regroup for one hell of an album. Oh well tongue

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

How pissed must Frank Ferrer be?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

If so....it is in play.

It was dropped at the same time Silkworms was....and we know the later CD lineup worked on both tracks.

Edit

Absurd
Hardschool
Oh My God

If it's a 12 track album.... we're off to a great start!

Add in a reworked/proper Atlas Shrugged, which is closely related musically to Catcher in the Rye.  I wouldn't bother limiting it to 12 tracks either.  Albums don't really "matter" as much.  So I'd rather them just release whatever is the best material at once.  No use holding it back.

Board footer