You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Re: GNR Release 'Absurd' Single

Izzyjim wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I’d love a properly mixed Oh My God.

Not excited if they swap Freese for Frank though. They could smooth the edges on some of the discordant sounds.

I just need Axl higher in the mix.

Maybe he wasn't lying.

It really was a demo....!

The Rock in Rio 2011 rehearsal version is a lot like the changes Silkworms got. More riffy and classic.

Care to share? big_smile

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
James wrote:

Maybe he wasn't lying.

It really was a demo....!

The Rock in Rio 2011 rehearsal version is a lot like the changes Silkworms got. More riffy and classic.

Care to share? big_smile

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

The jerky triggering vocal edits notwithstanding, does anyone get a little concerned by the fact Axl is not on the beat for some of the vocals - like he's racing to catch up - this happens live sometimes when I assume he can't hear himself or a good mix properly.

Again, could be intentional - or is it really sloppy editing? (latency while recording or the vocal having been nudged back slightly and not corrected?)

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

How pissed must Frank Ferrer be?

If you look at it practically, he shouldn't- he's got a day job which is probably paying nice.

If you're not one of the writers, it doesn't matter if you've played on the track or not.. (I think that Brian talked about it a while ago)

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

When we finally get the album, we're going to realize what a waste the whole saga was. It all should've happened back then.....hell....he showed up at HOB in 2000 but got tossed out!

Oh man, when we go over the entire "saga".  It's really mind boggling.  No author would come up such a weird and strange story.  This album should have been released at least several times in the past.  And then you have the stuff like the aborted reunion in 2006 and the Slash drunken rant at Axl's house afterward.

Oh well , better later than never.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

If so....it is in play.

It was dropped at the same time Silkworms was....and we know the later CD lineup worked on both tracks.

Edit

Absurd
Hardschool
Oh My God

If it's a 12 track album.... we're off to a great start!

Add in a reworked/proper Atlas Shrugged, which is closely related musically to Catcher in the Rye.  I wouldn't bother limiting it to 12 tracks either.  Albums don't really "matter" as much.  So I'd rather them just release whatever is the best material at once.  No use holding it back.

I wouldn't even be opposed to an even shorter album.

You're right... albums are different now.

No one is listening to Appetite for Destruction...they're listening to Jungle, SCOM, and PC.

You need a series of singles to promote your tour.

Absurd
Hardschool
Oh My God
Atlas
Oklahoma
Soul Monster
The General
Another song

Release that...you can get three singles out of it... maybe more if it really catches on.

Throw a song in a movie....there will be a Mission Impossible movie next summer.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I want a proper Guns album - and traditionally they have been long albums

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Alright since I’m letting my self get excited like a nerdy fan again.

When do you think we’ll hear another new song / get a new single?

Think they’re only doing 2 or is this the start of the flood?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

If so....it is in play.

It was dropped at the same time Silkworms was....and we know the later CD lineup worked on both tracks.

Edit

Absurd
Hardschool
Oh My God

If it's a 12 track album.... we're off to a great start!

Add in a reworked/proper Atlas Shrugged, which is closely related musically to Catcher in the Rye.  I wouldn't bother limiting it to 12 tracks either.  Albums don't really "matter" as much.  So I'd rather them just release whatever is the best material at once.  No use holding it back.

I wouldn't even be opposed to an even shorter album.

You're right... albums are different now.

No one is listening to Appetite for Destruction...they're listening to Jungle, SCOM, and PC.

You need a series of singles to promote your tour.

Absurd
Hardschool
Oh My God
Atlas
Oklahoma
Soul Monster
The General
Another song

Release that...you can get three singles out of it... maybe more if it really catches on.

Throw a song in a movie....there will be a Mission Impossible movie next summer.

I still listen to AFD.

Thank God Slash and Myles have an album coming out too where we get some normal lead playing over traditional rock to go along with Slash playing on songs like “Absurd”. Lol. Not many kids will be taking “Absurd” to their guitar teacher to learn.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

GNR release new single.

*5 Hours Later*

Wagszilla wrote:

When do you think we’ll hear another new song / get a new single?

Think they’re only doing 2 or is this the start of the flood?

This reminds me of when the leaks were happening...we could never get enough.

To answer the question....

I wouldn't expect anything else for another month or so. Having said that.... Hardschool is on the setlist....so that means it could happen at any time.

I'm predicting three singles...and the album launches with the third.

Board footer