You are not logged in. Please register or login.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

Re: Axl doesnt consider CD a guns n roses album anymore

davegnfnr2k wrote:

Axl just cucked chinese democracy. Before playing Absurd, he said its their first new song in 30 years.
So he doesn't count chinese democrat as an GnR album anymore.  LOL

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Why do GNR fans constantly look something to be outraged about? Good lord.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

He probably meant with Slash and Duff on board I'd imagine. Maybe he's stoned. There's some good trees in Colorado. 16

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Why do GNR fans constantly look something to be outraged about? Good lord.

because this band has only released about 16 new songs in 30 years.

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

He probably meant with Slash and Duff on board I'd imagine. Maybe he's stoned. There's some good trees in Colorado. 16

its not even a new song they played it in 2001.  And its not even a slash and duff song lol.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It isn't that he doesn't consider CD or those lineups GNR.

It's like I've said before... even before the shindig got underway....

They are in the process of retconning the Chinese Democracy years.

We see it with the Absurd songwriting credits with GNR as a catch-all for everything...new song titles for old songs which will continue...no mention of CD members, such as "Here's a new one written by Mother Goose and Mr. Dizzy Reed" a la Silkworms at Rio....

They'll take it another step when the album comes out.

It's like they picked up where they left off in 1993....a massive touring machine consisting of the Big 3 and an assorted cast of characters that eventually needs a product in stores to grease the wheels.

I don't really see a problem with it.

The ship sailed and sunk looooong ago on CD and any followups being anything like they should've been 2000-04.

That chapter is permanently closed...and this is the only way this upcoming material was ever going to be released.

I really find his comments back in 2001 regarding Slash apologizing publicly and he can contribute to a few CD tracks funny in hindsight.

The idea of the old guard coming back in was already in his head in the early phase of the project.

We're damn lucky that we're going to get it. This stuff was going to rot without Slash and Duff coming back.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

We see it with the Absurd songwriting credits with GNR as a catch-all for everything...new song titles for old songs which will continue...no mention of CD members, such as "Here's a new one written by Mother Goose and Mr. Dizzy Reed" a la Silkworms at Rio....

It's like they picked up where they left off in 1993....a massive touring machine consisting of the Big 3 and an assorted cast of characters that eventually needs a product in stores to grease the wheels.

The ship sailed and sunk looooong ago on CD and any followups being anything like they should've been 2000-04.

That chapter is permanently closed...and this is the only way this upcoming material was ever going to be released.

I really find his comments back in 2001 regarding Slash apologizing publicly and he can contribute to a few CD tracks funny in hindsight.

The idea of the old guard coming back in was already in his head in the early phase of the project.

We're damn lucky that we're going to get it. This stuff was going to rot without Slash and Duff coming back.

Weird aint it?  That at some point he always wanted Slash to return and work on the CD tracks.  Anyway, they should retcon those CD years.  It became a punchline and an embarrassement, just the entire project and the name of it.

I have no problem with this either.  Other bands have glossed over stuff like this.  Van Halen almost never mentions the album with Gary Cherone.  Pretty sure Motley Crue barely mentions the album they did without Vince Neil.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

There's a reason Axl sings on Black Leather and Pretty Tied Up.

It's like when your ex-girlfriend comes back after cheating on you or something...she's going to be made to prove her worth lol.

The first order will be playing all the CD songs in the set to legitimise them.

The second order will be no reunion album for the first five years.

The third order will be picking the song that most epitomises why you left in the first place and choosing it as the single, and then making you take credit for that.

I will make you prove to me that you love me, so hard, that you will never dare leave my ass again.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That at some point he always wanted Slash to return and work on the CD tracks.

In some aspect, this desire may have played a role...even if only minor...in the project's delays... especially in 2004-5 when Bucket bailed and the near reunion a year later.

I think it played a role in the follow-up not happening during the Ashba years. Why waste your good material on that nonsense?

Save it for a rainy day.

Other than the forum chats where he mentioned some song titles, he never really commented on a second album between 2009 and 2014.

Coincidence? I doubt it.

He knew what was coming. Five years ago that former tour manager said Axl told him in 2011-12 that a reunion was going to happen but he wasn't ready yet. Also that recent post where someone mentioned that Slash interview back then where he said Axl wanted to work Chinese a bit more.

Yeah....Van Halen ignored the Cherone mistake...and ignored the Hagar years too! lol

They also released a reunion album consisting of many old reworked demos.

GNR are in a position where they can easily ignore it...so they will.

Joe and Jill Public know nothing about the ins and outs of the saga...and they don't want to know. They just want to go to a show, rock out to Jungle, and maybe buy the first Guns N Roses record in nearly 30 years. tongue

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Weird aint it?  That at some point he always wanted Slash to return and work on the CD tracks.  Anyway, they should retcon those CD years.  It became a punchline and an embarrassement, just the entire project and the name of it.

I have no problem with this either.  Other bands have glossed over stuff like this.  Van Halen almost never mentions the album with Gary Cherone.  Pretty sure Motley Crue barely mentions the album they did without Vince Neil.

its a punchline yet they are redoing the songs from that version of the band.
And they will make the songs worse since Slash isn't as good as BH and he cant even play Fincks parts well either.

Just listen to the hard school rehearsal they totally dumbed the song down for slash. Sure we will get to hear those songs but with Slash and duff they will be bastardized versions.   

At least some savvy people will be able to strip off the vocals and put them on the 2001 versions.

I just think its funny Slash and Duff come back and they cant even write their own songs, Axl is making them do songs written by other people.

Board footer