You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GN'R 2021 Tour Thread

James wrote:
Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

Axl called Absurd new again tonight

I'm predicting that as long as Absurd is promoted as new, they will not be playing Hard School.

I realize a band can play more than one new song a night but this is not a normal band.

By telling a largely casual crowd that Absurd is new, you're killing the potential crowd pop that Hard School would get as the new song.

I'd love to be proved wrong....

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

it's odd the last few shows he didn't call it new but he did tonight

James

James wrote:
Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

it's odd the last few shows he didn't call it new but he did tonight

Interesting.

The few times I've watched videos of the song, the interaction with the audience is clearly scripted.

He may forget from time to time to mention that it's new.

To him....it isn't new. Hell....TSI is only a few years older.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

No Hardschool tonight. GN’R like giving their fans blue balls for years at a time.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Metallica is doing a secret show in Chicago at the Metro, capacity less than 1,000. Maybe 500 or so.

We mentioned in this thread about GNR doing the same. I think they should. It's a big hit and gets a lot of positive PR.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

bigbri wrote:

Metallica is doing a secret show in Chicago at the Metro, capacity less than 1,000. Maybe 500 or so.

We mentioned in this thread about GNR doing the same. I think they should. It's a big hit and gets a lot of positive PR.

They absolutely should. Though GN'R is a bigger band to cram onto a tiny stage. Like, physically I mean – there are seven of them up there versus Metallica's four!

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Let's say it happens.....

What do they do? How does it differ from a regular show? Metallica has tons of experience at this....GNR did an acoustic set at Rosario Dawson's birthday party once.

The cherry on top is GNR's management. They couldn't organize a lemonade stand.

I do agree they should be doing these sorts of things but I don't see how we get from point A to point B.

Have Live Nation do all the work?

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

Hard skool is getting news online

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

With Mexico cancelled and Aus/NZ very unlikely, how many more shows do they have to unveil it before everyone is commenting on which European show it debuts next summer?  The answer is 6.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

With Mexico cancelled and Aus/NZ very unlikely, how many more shows do they have to unveil it before everyone is commenting on which European show it debuts next summer?  The answer is 6.

Need to do soon plus the new Slash single is about to drop.

Board footer