You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: GN'R 2021 Tour Thread

misterID wrote:

It's been pretty clear for a while he's been singing Mickey style on purpose. He can turn the rasp on when he wants. I'm sure singing high isn't putting as much stress on his voice. But damn, that PC vid with Dave Grohl was awful.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axl S wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Is… is that rasp I can hear?

My mind is blown that it's probably been a choice all this time. Most likely to save his voice during a tour but still.

At least makes me think he can deliver in a studio environment where he can have recovery time for his voice.

Agreed. I would like to see them focus 95% on the studio and only do a few festival gigs every once in a while. This would be the best way to preserve his voice and allow him to do the rasp in the studio along with the festival gigs.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axl S wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Is… is that rasp I can hear?

My mind is blown that it's probably been a choice all this time. Most likely to save his voice during a tour but still.

At least makes me think he can deliver in a studio environment where he can have recovery time for his voice.

Agreed. I would like to see them focus 95% on the studio and only do a few festival gigs every once in a while. This would be the best way to preserve his voice and allow him to do the rasp in the studio along with the festival gigs.

I think they are trending to the Metallica model of just doing the Europe festival circuit and doing full US tours only sparingly. I think demand is dying down and even though they could conceivably do a yearly tour of certain arenas, they surely will be apprehensive given what they were getting in the NITL days, payday wise.

Edit: obviously South America will always be a market for them.

Sky Dog wrote:

Voice doesn’t matter if you go back to Malibu and hibernate the next 6 months! Slash is immediately off on his solo stuff so likely nothing happens in the Gnr World  until at least Spring. The only time he is going to use his rasp is the next time he yells, “Hey Beta, can we get some Meatloaf!!!”

Axl is just living the dream! axl

Sky Dog wrote:

So, nobody got the Chaz Wedding Crashers reference?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Any update on Europe shows this summer? Aerosmith just canceled their European tour over COVID restrictions. Curious if Guns will follow suit.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

Yeah it sucks, I had tickets to one of the Aerosmith shows. But I suspect that COVID is not the real reason why they cancelled. It's way to early to cancel, as things will get a lot better again during summer in Europe. Due to Covid Postponements I have (well had) tickets for 9 shows this summer. They're (so far) the only ones who cancelled. I think Brad mentioned on two separate occasions that there are tensions in the band and that by now age has become a factor. The tour was initially supposed to be take place in 2020...

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Huh, I finally managed to track down that second guest appearance by Pink on the tour, at Bottlerock 2021. Seems like the only person who bothered to film it was this drunk guy, who doesn't know how to spell "Patience".

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Lol

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Can anyone get me the Nightrain code for the Brazil tickets pre sale? Started selling today for São Paulo and I wanna go

Board footer