You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: GN'R 2021 Tour Thread

bigbri wrote:

Remember when we used to have a separate thread for each show? That was during the Chinese era? Why'd we do it then but not now? That seems backward.

Sky Dog wrote:

The band is ridiculously tight and sharp. 3

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Remember when we used to have a separate thread for each show? That was during the Chinese era? Why'd we do it then but not now? That seems backward.

We did it for the first few shows of the tour. After the Absurd buzz faded, interest here nosedived.

Now it's a catch all thread.

I think the same thing happened during some of those Ashba tours as well.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I like Evo, it has the best actual discussion of the band's music and the Chinese era judgment free.

But in case anyone didn't notice Gn'R is the most corporate rock band out there.

Axl's jokes are the same, the setlist is the same, the solo spots are the same, and so on. I respect a "good product" but night-to-night threads would basically be "are they playing Hard Skoooooooo tonight"?

It's the least creative, least interesting, least dangerous band out there.

Axl releasing Absurd was the funniest and coolest thing he's done in three decades. The only way it could've been any better is if the album cover was a photograph of a woman's crotch.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

As did the strokes and many others. But doing it in 2021 and in relation to the song is just rock n roll defiance.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Don't wanna be negative....

But delta has the two biggest cities in Australia in heavy lockdown..9pm curfew my city...interstate travel is mostly banned...I think NZ has similar issues at the moment....

It's 67 days until the GNR show is booked to play my city.

At some point they're going to have to officially cancel right?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Wagszilla wrote:

I like Evo, it has the best actual discussion of the band's music and the Chinese era judgment free.

But in case anyone didn't notice Gn'R is the most corporate rock band out there.

Axl's jokes are the same, the setlist is the same, the solo spots are the same, and so on. I respect a "good product" but night-to-night threads would basically be "are they playing Hard Skoooooooo tonight"?

It's the least creative, least interesting, least dangerous band out there.

Axl releasing Absurd was the funniest and coolest thing he's done in three decades. The only way it could've been any better is if the album cover was a photograph of a woman's crotch.

The thing I find a wee bit disappointing is that they're basically "locked in" to the setlist because of all the video walls, pyro etc. There's no way for them to jam or whip out an unexpected cover. Like, they couldn't bust out a Rolling Stones jam to mark the passing of Charlie Watts?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Anyone else find it odd how often Madagascar is showing up as an encore? Maybe plans to include a re-recording on an upcoming release?

Board footer