You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Axl in 10 years....

James wrote:

No offense to Axl of course.

It will not be easy singing some of GNR's material as he approaches 70 and beyond.

Just like with Halford.....it's not a situation where he can talk the songs like Mick Jagger.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Interesting, I've been getting into Priest recently while in lockdown....and I was watching some boots from circa 2015 the other night and thinking he was smashing it out for a guy 65ish at the time!

Their "new" guitarist (from 2011 I gather) Richie has great tone, really captures that vintage sound and I quite liked their most recent couple of albums. Halls of Valhalla kicked ass as a song.  For a modern line up they seemed to be doing well at progressing the essence of the band. Although I'm only a casual fan so maybe I don't appreciate the finer points or something.

I gather Axl has done a lot better in recent shows...rating it from youtube alone....I would say not as good as 2016, similar to 2017, and better than 2018 and 2019 level.

It does make you question the longevity though. I mean they already seem to tailor to an extent to add in less brutal songs - but its difficult I think cos so much of the GNR catalogue is extreme vocally. Axl was always pushing himself which added to what made it bad ass...but like I do wonder if there's going to be physical limitations.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It could be worse...

Board footer