You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Hardschool single coming September 24th.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl is the star on this track even if the vocals are old. When the rasp kicks in you can’t help but be like “fuck yeah”.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Vocals may be from 1996. Duff talks about it in an interview with Howard Stern that year.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Vocals may be from 1996. Duff talks about it in an interview with Howard Stern that year.

Duff talks about what?? Everyone has been saying this a nuGuns track, is this really an Old Guns track recorded by nuGuns then re-recorded by Old Guns?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Duff talks about what?? Everyone has been saying this a nuGuns track, is this really an Old Guns track recorded by nuGuns then re-recorded by Old Guns?

He said they were recording for a Jackie Chan movie, then Axl said in that Dexter chat that "Checkmate" (ie this song) had the working title Jackie Chan.

If the song is about Slash then it makes sense if the vocals were recorded in 1996.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Also, I forget which nu-Gun it was, but someone admitted to working on stuff that had been around from Slash days. The Duff interview on Stern, the style of song, the working title, and this revelation make me believe 99% this has been around since before the new band.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

If this song was close to being finished in 96, my hunch about Oklahoma being from that timeframe is probably correct.

They both sound like something that lineup would have worked on.

Also reminds me of that Matt interview in 96 saying the songs they were working on were 4 minute rockers.

I hope it's true because if the roots of the song are from that period, it's likely to be released at some point.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

If the song is about Slash then it makes sense if the vocals were recorded in 1996.

You shitting me? 1996? If so, way cool. In a certain way.

I like the track, production is terrible, but underneath it’s a solid rocker. Just wish they did the production & promotion properly rather than the half assed shit show that it is. Live versions will probably be better than the official release.

That said, I’d take this over silence any day, so fair play to them for getting it out, I’ll support it.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Also, I forget which nu-Gun it was, but someone admitted to working on stuff that had been around from Slash days. The Duff interview on Stern, the style of song, the working title, and this revelation make me believe 99% this has been around since before the new band.

That was Richard Fortus.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I think the Jackie Chan stuff is all just a coincidence. Dude had like 30 movies come out during that time. Axl might have just been a fan.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

idk if the song really went from being called Jackie Chan to Hard School back to Jackie Chan then back to Hard Skool. Let's say it is not the Duff song, which I don't think it is, at least vocally, Axl sounds nothing like he did on Anxious Disease, did the song go from Hard School to Jackie Chan then back to Hard Skool, idk. That would be pretty odd, maybe Axl was bamboozling the fans with that song title in 2008

Board footer