You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Re: Slash: GNR has not written any new music, everything completed is CD 2

Izzyjim wrote:

Perhaps he needs more time, but currently the live versions of HardSkool weren't great, to say the least..

I'm not one of those who'll dismiss the band over youtube videos of concerts, I just find it... (funny?) to release a song you can barley play

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

I think about Muddy Waters, he didn't like the Electric Mud album, as it wasn't his band but a bunch of studio session guys.
He said "What the hell do you have a record for if you can't play the first time it's out?"

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

#GunsNRoses was trending on Twitter today and I have no idea why.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Without looking... here's my guess....

Some "influencer" had one of their songs playing in the background

Or one of their songs might have been in a TV show.

I'll never forget when Locomotive of all songs was used by the NFL during pregame in the 98-99 season.

That would have started trending if social media had existed at the time.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Each of these tunes recently released to me at least seem a long way from the  descriptions those who had heard them shared. They are average at best. Its fucking amazing that millions went into these when kids are doing better shit on Garageband.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

misterID wrote:

Maybe because of the crowd deaths at the Travis Scott gig? People were throwing up comparisons all day to responsible artists who stopped shows to allow the crowd room to breathe. Of course, GN'R famously had those crowd deaths at Donington, and Axl inciting a riot in St Louis… but they also had multiple instances of Axl stopping the show and telling the crowd to "take two steps back".

James

James wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Each of these tunes recently released to me at least seem a long way from the  descriptions those who had heard them shared. They are average at best. Its fucking amazing that millions went into these when kids are doing better shit on Garageband.

I don't even listen to them anymore. I'm back on my early Pink Floyd kick.  Meddle is amazing.

Fans were starved for anything.

Sky Dog wrote:

I don’t listen to them anymore either…just  not my favorite tunes from those discs no matter who is playing on them.

James

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I don’t listen to them anymore either…just  not my favorite tunes from those discs no matter who is playing on them.

What makes it even worse is the timing. Release a couple tunes......as soon as any buzz dissipates.....here comes an eight month break.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

What makes it even worse is the timing. Release a couple tunes......as soon as any buzz dissipates.....here comes an eight month break.

To be fair-ish I’m pretty sure they were banking on an Aussie tour around this time but had to postpone?

Board footer