You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

Re: Slash talks new GNR music in Rolling Stone

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi … acc8926c04

Guns N’ Roses recently released “Absurd” and “Hard Skool” — your first songs with the band in more than 25 years. How do you know when a song is ready to come out?

“Hard Skool,” in essence, was a completed song when I was first introduced to it. And Duff and I went in and redid the bass and the guitars. It’s a simple song, so it didn’t take a hell of a lot of thought and analysis. I think it was a lot of fun just because it was part and parcel of a bunch of stuff that we were working on that was all sort of new — at least to Duff and I — so we had a good time. There’s a bunch of new stuff also coming, maybe a little bit more complex, but it’s just as much fun.

Does that mean there’s a new album coming?

I know we’ve got some songs and we’re releasing another one at some point soon, and there’ll be another one after that. As far as the record is concerned, that remains to be seen as far as a whole package, but I feel pretty confident that at some point down the road, there will be.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Sounding more definitive by the day. Also sounds like they know what song it’s going to be which is intriguing.

After Hard Skool and Aburd, do they go lighter with Atlas?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

How can they still be having issues with the label?  Ffs.

Sky Dog wrote:

I don’t get label issue? What he said is good….more complex which could mean Elvis or who knows what…

Sky Dog wrote:

That should also lay to rest that Slash and Duff may have written it before new Gnr. People just dream up stupid shit to completely try to discredit the  Chinese lineup. There is a shitload of potential on all those early demos..

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Why are you guys mentioning label issues? I quickly read the article and saw no mention from Slash about label issues.

Positive to hear that something is coming "soon". At the least got confirmation that there are two songs in the pipeline to be released and he seems to know which they are.

Also, with each interview he's done recently he's been slightly more and more open about new music. Only a good sign.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That's my bad, I misread it.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

That should also lay to rest that Slash and Duff may have written it before new Gnr. People just dream up stupid shit to completely try to discredit the  Chinese lineup. There is a shitload of potential on all those early demos..

People didn’t dream up stupid shit. Duff went on Howard Stern before Slash left, said they were getting together to work on a song for the new Jackie Chan movie, Hard Skool working title was Jackie Chan. How is that a leap? It’s not discrediting the Chinese lineup at all to say that. This comment clears it up I guess, and it was all just a coincidence. Somehow.

Sky Dog wrote:

Whatever…..Duff wrote it in 94 and I heard Izzy was involved..people make shit up. The General was about Tommy until Brain chuckled and said it was about Chinese food …literally. Most Gnr fans are idiots

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

The Jackie Chan theory was a logical one for fans to make based on the info they had. It was always just a guess though.

The General name relating to Tommy another sensible theory, he'd been described in interviews as the general of rehearsals.

It's not fans being idiots, just speculating and trying to read the tea leaves.

Board footer