You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: Slash talks new GNR music in Rolling Stone

ClaudeF wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Whatever…..Duff wrote it in 94 and I heard Izzy was involved..people make shit up. The General was about Tommy until Brain chuckled and said it was about Chinese food …literally. Most Gnr fans are idiots

As in General Tso of tasty chicken fame?

Honestly I would prefer that to the rumored lyrics!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

There’s a bunch of new stuff also coming, maybe a little bit more complex, but it’s just as much fun.

Thank God.

This means the next song will probably be one of the big guns.

The fan base has waited long enough for these.

FlashFlood wrote:

Sounding more definitive by the day. Also sounds like they know what song it’s going to be which is intriguing.

After Hard Skool and Aburd, do they go lighter with Atlas?

I'm praying for Oklahoma or Soul Monster.

If not those, The General or something of that caliber.

Unleash the beasts....

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

After Absurd and Hard Skool (great thoughts they were), I think the next song needs to have some depth and be a big gun. Really hoping for Soul Monster, Zodiac or The General

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I mean, logically it's going to be one of the more "finished" songs. Atlas Shrugged, Perhaps, or OMG.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I mean, logically it's going to be one of the more "finished" songs. Atlas Shrugged, Perhaps, or OMG.

If they do that they are going to run out of songs real quick.

It will be interesting to see, if we get something else it shows other vocals have been laid down back then, and then who knows how many. If not we are getting those 3 songs then likely nothing more.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

We have no idea what's finished. We have a snapshot in time from 2000-2001 of some of what was around at the time - there could have been more even then. Since then there's been reports of recording all the way through 01-07 and then repoorts of further recording from 10-15.

My guess is Atlas but it's just a guess. Some won't think it counts as "more complex" but Abusrd and HS are really simple... almost anything is more complex than them.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Although country music’s not necessarily what I do, I have an appreciation for the soul of it, and I love old-school country music. The cool thing about Dave is that his country — as contemporary as it is — is very stripped down, very human, very sort of raw and emotional.

Huh. I wonder if Slash likes Colter Wall? His first album was produced by Dave Cobb, and you could certainly call it "old-school," "raw and emotional," and "stripped down"…

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:

I wish Slash would save the two to three good riffs he has per album and use it for Guns. Axl hurry up and get the record out before Slash and Myles put out another bland ass, shit album and start writing together again. Maybe you could call Izzy over? Ask Brain to come back..

kemmep
 Rep: 1 

kemmep wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I remember that, just after the reunion, MSL/MOJO said on their board that Slash recorded guitar on Atlas Shrugged.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

A ballad being next makes a lot of sense. But I think releasing Absurd at all was a big mistake. I just don't understand the logic behind it. I actually think it kind of hurt Hard Skool.

Board footer