You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Slash confirms “one or two” new songs by June

Sky Dog wrote:

I just laugh at the title of the thread….Slash CONFIRMS 1 or 2 songs by June! The new mouthpiece that really doesn’t matter when it comes to new Gnr music. Same thing as the Chinese era! Everybody talking except the guy with the power!

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Just an update.

i asked if June is still the month, twas said a new song is 'forthcoming', word used, so I presume something is still planned. Slash camp.

I think when the European tour starts, if someone can get hold of the setlist, that'll give a clue, because there's nothing on the internet.

In essence, I haven't found anything useful

Well first show out of the way, still waiting to see a setlist.

Any more info on whether we should expect something before the end of the European tour?

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Axl S wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Just an update.

i asked if June is still the month, twas said a new song is 'forthcoming', word used, so I presume something is still planned. Slash camp.

I think when the European tour starts, if someone can get hold of the setlist, that'll give a clue, because there's nothing on the internet.

Any more info on whether we should expect something before the end of the European tour?

I'll email again and see what they say. If someone can get the set list, that'll probably give some indication

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

They're soundchecking Street of Dreams tonight, so we'll see if tonight's set has any surprises.

No setlist photo from the first gig has emerged yet annoyingly. It would be nice to know if we should give up hope. 16

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Axl S wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Just an update.

I'll email again and see what they say. If someone can get the set list, that'll probably give some indication

A setlist has emerged, nothing interesting on the alts apart from Street of Dreams.

It isn’t looking good for Slash’s promised song or two. Wonder if your source can say whether forthcoming means this Summer cause doesn’t look like anything is happening just now.

Sky Dog wrote:

When is it going to register with you guys?  What Slash says is absolutely no different than what the other contract employees have said in the past. He’s trying to be positive but he isn’t the decision maker.

On a positive note, these two set lists are massive! You can’t say they are ripping off the guy who actually buys a ticket. Big rock….

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Anyone got tix? I’ve supposed to be going to London 2nd June but still weighing up my options. The possibility that this is the last time I’ll see them is leaning me towards going

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I was offered tickets to London but even at face value I’m struggling to get my head round both a lack of new material and axl’s voice. Honestly I’d prefer 1hr of raspy axl to 3 hours of his ‘clean’ voice

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:
sp1at wrote:
Axl S wrote:

A setlist has emerged, nothing interesting on the alts apart from Street of Dreams.

It isn’t looking good for Slash’s promised song or two. Wonder if your source can say whether forthcoming means this Summer cause doesn’t look like anything is happening just now.

Yikes.

I'll take a stab at what happened....

Management forgot(again) to put in an order at the vinyl factory in advance and since they don't want to repeat the "release single online but make people wait months for a physical release" strategy, a new song has been delayed.

What a clusterfuck.

We're lucky we even got Absurd and Hard School. The machine is incapable of functioning like a band. It can only function as a nostalgic touring entity. Anything else fails.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

When is it going to register with you guys?  What Slash says is absolutely no different than what the other contract employees have said in the past. He’s trying to be positive but he isn’t the decision maker.

He's the new Tommy....

Respected, a bit of clout, but not involved in the decision making process.

Which is funny because he used to be the Keith Richards of the band.

I think he just tossed his hands in the air early on in the reunion when he saw it for what it really was....a major act capable of becoming the next Stones but due to being managed by people incapable of managing a lemonade stand...would never move further than what it's been...and the diminishing returns.

Board footer