You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

Re: Will the next single be something we've heard already?

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

There's speculation that Axl likes to release stuff that has already leaked, so many are assuming the next single will be something that we've heard already, like Atlas, Perhaps, Ain't Goin Down, or even a reworked OMG. What's your guess?

What will the next single be?

Something we've heard in some form already (Atlas, Perhaps, ect) 89%
Something we haven't heard yet (The General, Soul Monster, ect). 11%
Total votes: 19
axlroselocke1
 Rep: 1 

If we get one at all.

Wilco

Wilco wrote:

Definitely something from the Village tracks or OmG

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The pattern suggests something we know.

Eg the last 3 were "Shadow of Your Love" despite being an 1990s B side CD single release, "Absurd" even though it had been premiered as Silkworms 20 years earlier and Hardschool even though it was well known and circulated among the online fans.

So he clearly doesn't mind old stuff. Which opens the door for stuff like Perhaps, State of Grace etc.

Then again it's Axl he likes to subvert expectations. The sheer fact we think it will be those might be enough to make it not those lol. But logically given the (assumed) issues around recording and the issues with his voice then one of the songs with completed or mostly completed vocals would be the logical choice.

Tortilla_Man

Tortilla_Man wrote:

Shadow of Your Love was also a B-Side of the bands very first single for Its So Easy/ Mr Brownstone in 1987.

Might be a clue that this band is going nowhere.

It's all retreads from here on out.

Chinese Democracy II featuring Slash is the goal,
If we ever get there with this one song at a time bullshit is the question.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

There has been no indication Axl intends to contribute any new vocals or lyrics to this project. And yet they are planning to release an album.

That means there are either enough unheard vocals and songs already recorded from the CD sessions to make up an album, or they are waiting on Axl to create something new. The latter does not appear to be the case judging by Slash' statements, so I think the chance we will hear something new, either vocals or a completely unheard song, is pretty good.

If on the other they release Oh My God and State of Grace the latter scenario would appear almost definite.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Remember that old Tommy interview where he mentioned that there were enough songs in the vault for one more album and the rest was unfinished sketches?

That's what we're going to get in 2022 and beyond. I guarantee it's the exact same songs he was talking about 10+ years ago.

It doesn't bother me anymore...it was all we were ever going to get and we'll be damn lucky to even get it.

I'll throw my vote in for either Atlas or Perhaps.... although OMG would not surprise me.

Wilco

Wilco wrote:
James wrote:

Remember that old Tommy interview where he mentioned that there were enough songs in the vault for one more album and the rest was unfinished sketches?

That's what we're going to get in 2022 and beyond. I guarantee it's the exact same songs he was talking about 10+ years ago.

It doesn't bother me anymore...it was all we were ever going to get and we'll be damn lucky to even get it.

I'll throw my vote in for either Atlas or Perhaps.... although OMG would not surprise me.

Do you have any preference between those three?

Asking because I myself am not the biggest fan of Atlas or Perhaps. Perhaps is okay, but Atlas to me is pretty average. It sounds like a lot of late 90s/early 00s post grunge sounds to me.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I like Atlas more than Perhaps but Perhaps sounds like a UYI epic that never was so I'd love for them to tackle that one.

If he wants to troll Slash, Duff, and hardcore fans, he'll pull another Absurd and release OMG next.

One issue I have with the leftover material is the fact some of it clearly needs new vocals. I really hope there's alternate takes sitting in the vault.

Sky Dog wrote:

Tommy said there were 22 other finished songs.

I’ll take Atlas as far as songs that we know have lyrics. I may commit suicide if they release OMG again!

Board footer