You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: Will the next single be something we've heard already?

Scabbie wrote:

At the current cadence it would take about 20 years to release 22 finished tracks!

What will the next single be?

Something we've heard in some form already (Atlas, Perhaps, ect) 89%
Something we haven't heard yet (The General, Soul Monster, ect). 11%
Total votes: 19
davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:

Whatever’s released will be a cut & paste job. I don’t see why Caram gets blamed for this, btw. Under the circumstances, he did a good job recording CD. He wasn’t the one adding guitar after guitar. I’m not sure they’re even recording in a studio for the new stuff.

CD was terribly mixed. Caram is a hack. He is terrible at his job. Out of all the versions of these songs we have, his versions are by far the worst.

Bullshit, everything was approved by Axl. Axl was a part of everything on CD production wise. That’s how he wanted it to sound.

its not bullshit, all the tracks done by Caram sound like shit, whereas all the earlier versions were also how Axl wanted them to sound, sound a million times better

The way Axl really wanted them to sound were the BH and Robin versions before everyone left the band. The only reason we have like 85 guitar players is that people kept leaving the band and Axl had to put their parts on the album.  Axl turned a version in of CD back in like 99/00 those were the original vision of these songs.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Dude, Axl controls everything. It was released exactly how he wanted it to sound. He had the Andy Wallace mixes AND CHANGED THEM. We got what Axl wanted. Caram is Axl’s guy, not the label.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You're both right.

The production/mix of the album is horrid and I laugh in hindsight at all the praise it got from people when it was released.

They needed a more experienced and respected producer. He was an assistant to Brendan O'Brien for STP's Purple....he should've called him up. It couldn't have hurt.

Since it required someone who could turn chicken shit into chicken salad when it comes to songs worked on various times over so many years pasting new members/layers into songs, someone with actual experience doing this such as Hugh Padgham (The Police, Genesis, etc) or Adam Kasper (Soundgarden, Nirvana, etc) should have been called at the eleventh hour to salvage the material.

When listening to this......

the average listener would not realize it is a Sting demo brought to the studio with Copeland and Summers playing over it.

When listening to this.....

The average listener would not realize it is essentially two songs merged into one...the 1991 demo with Cornell/the band's new recording in 2010. Cornell said years ago no one would be able to tell the difference between new and old vocals.... although we do know that the chorus was redone.

Both producers are still alive....but as ID pointed out...Axl is clearly satisfied with Caram's work whatever the reasons are... and just like everything else in the saga, it's highly unlikely a change will occur.

He's like an honorary member of TB at this point.

I just want the album at this point.  Pipedream scenarios are out the window at this point so I'll take whatever I can get.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I think any future releases will be stuff from the locker leaks reworked, or some other old song like Goodnight, Just Another Sunday etc

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:

Dude, Axl controls everything. It was released exactly how he wanted it to sound. He had the Andy Wallace mixes AND CHANGED THEM. We got what Axl wanted. Caram is Axl’s guy, not the label.

Its funny how the old mixes that we have from the lockerroom are also just what Axl wanted, and they sound great.  Even the early leaks also sounded great.  But once we started to get to the Caram mixes its when they went to shit. Funny how that works.  but sure its not Caram that is the problem LMAO

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

Las demos suenan a eso!.... demos!...en chinese la voz de axl suena diferente a las versiones finales mas testura y timbres y las baterias tambien son diferentes mezcla a los tres con algun sample y las orquestas tampoco estaban!....las guitarras se cambiaron,los solos se alargaron junto con algunos arreglos!....la produccion y la mezcla son de lo que menos se puede criticar!...todo suena nitido claro y audible!....metal chirriante!....axl necesito ayuda pero la vision es sulla asi que con todo lo que aprendio por el camino es normal que acabara produciendo el disco junto a caram!....chinese rules!

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

From memory there was some pretty nifty home made remixes out there (Evader?) - let the fans have a go!

I do wander are they just in a state of paralysis,  not knowing exactly what to do? There's not enough touring years left in them to release 1 song every leg. So at some time they will need to release a few more unless Axl really has decided to keep them to himself?

Are the royalties/songwriting credits another potential issue?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:

Its funny how the old mixes that we have from the lockerroom are also just what Axl wanted, and they sound great.  Even the early leaks also sounded great.  But once we started to get to the Caram mixes its when they went to shit. Funny how that works.  but sure its not Caram that is the problem LMAO

Listen to what you’re saying. The earlier mixes were better (which Caram was involved with the production, at least those from 02-04, like Better). Axl had the Wallace mixes. Axl was not satisfied with them. He continued to add and cut & paste. I’m not even sure Hardskool was done in a proper studio, but over files and not tape. You’re actually saying exactly what I am. Axl had them changed. They were mixed the way Axl wanted them. He had the opportunity to release it a different way and with someone else. He didn’t. He sat in the mixing room, gave orders, listened to exactly what we listened to on CD and said “that’s exactly what I want.” And then it was turned in and released. That’s the last I’ll say about it.

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:

Listen to what you’re saying. The earlier mixes were better (which Caram was involved with the production, at least those from 02-04, like Better). Axl had the Wallace mixes. Axl was not satisfied with them. He continued to add and cut & paste. I’m not even sure Hardskool was done in a proper studio, but over files and not tape. You’re actually saying exactly what I am. Axl had them changed. They were mixed the way Axl wanted them. He had the opportunity to release it a different way and with someone else. He didn’t. He sat in the mixing room, gave orders, listened to exactly what we listened to on CD and said “that’s exactly what I want.” And then it was turned in and released. That’s the last I’ll say about it.

Caram didnt mix those lockerroom mixes WTF are you talking about. And yes Axl was satisfied with those mixes that is why he turned them in for album that the label kept rejecting them. Why are you trying to change history? The only reason Axl kept doing new version after new version is because people kept leaving the band and Axl wanted them to be on some of the songs.  As well as every time a producer left they wanted to produce the songs their way.  It's hilarious you are trying to rewrite history, I just cant with you.

Board footer