You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Re: Hard Skool: Does it date from ‘96?

Izzyjim wrote:

Damn, Blackstar 20

Wilco
 Rep: 1 

Wilco wrote:

Blackstar is basically the living GNR library, along with Soulmonster smile

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Honestly when you read all of this melodrama and consider what the reunion has achieved in terms of new music you wander if it would have been better for VR to stay together.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
sp1at wrote:

There was not even a hint of a reunion in 2006. It was very anti Slash that year. I think Merc had a plan of a 3 album release then to reform the band for some anniversary later on. Pipe dreams

There were many hints... including the "rumours" coming from Sp1at that Slash would take the stage at Hammerstein. 21

Yes...that wasn't coming from you specifically but I remember Gigger pushing it up until showtime.

Why would Gigger do such a thing?

Because there was a shit ton of smoke the previous few months(most listed by me and Blackstar above) and where there's smoke...

A pipedream in mid 2005-early 2006 would have been claiming Buckethead was coming back.

Funny how we found out years later Duff did come back in the weeks leading up to Hammerstein but it didn't work out. While he was there, one extra slot was conveniently left open til the last second.

That's not coincidence or pipedream.

Edit

The anti Slash stuff you're talking about is the aftermath of whatever was going on behind the scenes leading up to Hammerstein. Yes it got really negative later in 2006...and beyond.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:
James wrote:

Funny how we found out years later Duff did come back in the weeks leading up to Hammerstein but it didn't work out. While he was there, one extra slot was conveniently left open til the last second.

Never heard of this before! What was the source?

James

James wrote:
Blackstar wrote:
James wrote:

It was in all those GNR emails and other stuff during that leak. The source was MSL.

Sky Dog wrote:

They should have let MSL manage the band!

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:
James wrote:
Blackstar wrote:
James wrote:

It was in all those GNR emails and other stuff during that leak. The source was MSL.

Oh yeah, I have seen those somewhere, but I thought that the alleged email about Duff was from 2009 (?)

James

James wrote:
Blackstar wrote:
James wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

Oh yeah, I have seen those somewhere, but I thought that the alleged email about Duff was from 2009 (?)

I think it was. I'm pretty sure that leak contained all of that stuff over the years compiled into one folder.

It also included all the song titles for a potential second album.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Board footer