You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: NFL 2022/23 season

James wrote:

The Lions are ahead of the Bears in the rebuilding game

Yeah...which shows how dire the situation really is in Chicago.

It might be as bad as the 90s were...and that's almost like a "lost decade".

I'm about ready to write off the season. Packers lost and Vikings won yesterday but this doesn't really help them. Only chance at the division would be for one of those two to go on a major losing streak. Bears can't compete in a 3 way race for the division.

It's still hard to believe that the Eagles are the only undefeated team in the league. I watched the first half of the game last night and I gotta admit...they were impressive.

Watched the 49er game yesterday. What a mess. Stuck with Garoppolo and he didn't even want to be there. Lance out for the season with a fractured ankle.

That division is going to be a fight to the death.

Also watched the Bills-Chiefs game. So glad to see the Bills finally beat them.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Justin Fields playing real well the last 3 weeks. Maybe starting to figure things out with better coaching and stability around him. Still in full rebuild mode, but some promising developments. Earlier this year they looked completely inept on offense. I had the displeasure of seeing them destroy the Patriots, which started this run for them.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Agreed on Fields.  If he pans out for the Bears they have a great building block for the future.  They've needed a legit QB for decades.

Boy, did the Bills spiral downward pretty quickly the last couple of weeks.  Brutal loss to the Vikes.  I don't think I've ever seen a kneel down attempt end in a TD for the other team.  That and the ill advised shot towards the end zone in OT.

The Raiders suck.  Either McDaniels is a horrible HC (this might be the case, I think he's like 7-24 in his last 31 games as a head coach), they have awful team construction, and Carr isn't really a good qb.  It's probably a combo of the 3.  He should have probably never left NE.  I know it's easy to say .  And personally I wouldn't have spent all that money on Adams and Chandler Jones but that's me.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

That Bills/Vikings game was the best/worst game I’ve seen in awhile. Highly entertaining but some really bad execution & decisions down the stretch. Bills are so talented but they play very loose and that has hurt them these last two years. They should’ve won that game easily about 5 different times. Credit to Minnesota for hanging in there and taking it away. Big boy win for sure.

I kind of feel bad for McDaniels. I THINK he’s a good coach, but he surely hasn’t shown it on his own. I understand the appeal to coaching the Raiders and in Vegas. But that team hasn’t been the most stable over the years. Felt like he could’ve held out for a better opportunity or just wait out Belichick to retire. Gruden and Mayock really screwed up their drafts in their short time, so the roster is lacking good young talent. It could be a tough rebuild and McDaniels likely won’t be given too much time to turn things around. He really hasn’t earned that.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Poetically, my perfect fantasy season went down with my qb’s real life team. I have 2 fantasy teams - the GnrEvo league where I’m 9-1 and the league where I actually have money on it and I’m 1-9. Ha fuck me.

James

James wrote:

Bears season is officially over. All they can do now is play potential spoiler for other teams playoff dreams.

Rams are pretty much done as well.

This is a wacky season.

AFC East is going to be a bloodbath.  The most interesting division this year... although the NFC East is giving it a run for its money.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

As a patriots fan, I want to die.

James

James wrote:

We're getting down to the nitty gritty.

Due to my now very casual interest in the NFL, starting next season I may just start watching a few weeks before the playoffs start.

I'm blown away by the collapse of the Bucs. My SB prediction was Bucs vs Bills.

The surprise team this season is the Lions. Bottom of the barrel(Chicago took their place) to playoff bound if they keep winning.

The other shock is the Rams.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

That viking / colts game was nuts ... lmao

James

James wrote:

The NFC playoff picture is fucking insane. The entire NFC East is probably making the playoffs. A whole division has never made it to the playoffs before.

Another sign of parity I suppose but I'm definitely interested to see how it plays out.

Board footer