You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: SOG single coming?

Smoking Guns wrote:

Off topic, but on the liner notes of the AFD 30th anniversary box set, the last line of writing credits says “November Rain written by Slash, Duff McKagen, W.Axl Rose, and Izzy Stradlin”. I thought that was interesting. Any insight why this is now a group effort and no longer just W.Axl Rose?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Apparently ballad of death is now showing up.

Ugh...not a good sign at all. That's the equivalent of one of the Buckethead tracks showing up.

My hope is fading. It really is the damn algorithms.

benny wrote:

When is the new November Rain single expected to drop?  Was there an announcement about it or where did the information come from about a new recording of November Rain?

Probably November... that's when it's released.

The info on November Rain was in the press release.

It's new orchestra pasted into the old track.

I hope they did it properly.

I'm not sure I follow the logic on this one... This is a released track by DJ Ashba is it? Who was a member of GN'R? So wouldn't it be reasonable to assume an ex-GNR member would return GN'R when a track of their's is searched? If I searched a Slash's Snakepit song, would it not also recognise GN'R?

I jjst can't see how this is the same as unreleased song titles returning GN'R. To this end, I still think something is happening

This shows how out of the loop I am....

I still thought this song was unreleased. My memories of Ballad of Death is fans begging hoarders to leak it years ago.

If it's released then yeah....it doesn't mean anything.

Off topic, but on the liner notes of the AFD 30th anniversary box set, the last line of writing credits says “November Rain writing by Slash, Duff McKagen, W.Axl Rose, and Izzy Stradlin”. I thought that was interesting. Any insight why this is now a group effort and no longer just W.Axl Rose?

I remember this from years ago when ASCAP updated the credits. Caused a lot of shit because the rest of the band were getting more credit.

I wasn't surprised....they all wrote the music and Axl did lyrics.

The box set is conformation of the updated credits.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I think the most damning thing about these search results is the fact the song titles Absurd and Hard Skool were both altered from their working titles. There is no way they are keeping working titles from 2000. Search results do not mean the songs have been uploaded to some content distribution edge…it means people who search for “Soul Monster” also search for “Guns N Roses.” That’s it. And no, just because it’s only a hundred or so forum nuts searching doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be detected by machine learning.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

This shows how out of the loop I am....

I still thought this song was unreleased. My memories of Ballad of Death is fans begging hoarders to leak it years ago.

If it's released then yeah....it doesn't mean anything.

Yeah, whilst it's not on the official tracklist, it is performed on the A4D Live CD/DVD release. Why Bumblefoot's songs from that release don't yield that result? Perhaps because they've formally being released solo by him whereas Ashba's creation is probably just a credit on a GN'R release.

I still haven't heard anyone come up with a convincing suggestion for why these search results for unreleased GN'R song titles would associate with GN'R in Spotify's system apart from ones which if true would cause all sorts of shit to appear for a variety of artists.

Only convincing explanation to my mind is these tracks are registered in Spotify's system or a record label system that they connect with and that's where the link is. Does that mean they're definitely getting released? Of course not, it's GN'R.

James

James wrote:

I didn't even know it was on a GNR release. Yeah that's the connection.

*Conniption fit delayed*

I just did another test.

I ran these Soundgarden song titles through the system. They're the only song titles known so far that SG and Cornell's widow were fighting over for the final album.

Road Less Travelled
Orphans
At Ophians Door
Cancer
Stone Age Mind
Ahead of the Dog
Mermas

Nada.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Can’t find anything on Apple, but the UYI BOX SET is there. It says it’s playing a song (tried the new November Rain) but it  won’t let you hear it.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

*Conniption fit delayed*

I just did another test.

I ran these Soundgarden song titles through the system. They're the only song titles known so far that SG and Cornell's widow were fighting over for the final album.

Road Less Travelled
Orphans
At Ophians Door
Cancer
Stone Age Mind
Ahead of the Dog
Mermas

Nada.

No one is virally searching these titles.

James

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

*Conniption fit delayed*

I just did another test.

Road Less Travelled
Orphans
At Ophians Door
Cancer
Stone Age Mind
Ahead of the Dog
Mermas

Nada.

They might have two years ago when it was news.

Viral? These few GNR forums have a total of a couple hundred active users... excluding guests.

Has social media jumped all over this? If so...now it's into the thousands and yeah...that might tip the algorithms scale.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

*Conniption fit delayed*

I just did another test.

Road Less Travelled
Orphans
At Ophians Door
Cancer
Stone Age Mind
Ahead of the Dog
Mermas

Nada.

They might have two years ago when it was news.

Viral? These few GNR forums have a total of a couple hundred active users... excluding guests.

Has social media jumped all over this? If so...now it's into the thousands and yeah...that might tip the algorithms scale.

I posted 10 mins ago probably got lost in the flurry. Gave my (relatively) informed take on it.

James

James wrote:

I went and checked mygnr for the first time in eons to see what they're doing and I saw this...

Someone got a GNR result for Cats in the Cradle. As you old timers will remember, in the limewire/kazaa days, this was one of the songs mislabeled GNR.

Damn.

On the other hand...it might not mean anything. If that person listens to GNR on there, I assume they would come up in most results.

Board footer