You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Wilco
 Rep: 1 

Re: SOG single coming?

Wilco wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It would be strange, but it's the kind of strange thing they might do huh!

I really hope so, I want a new EP of these other songs badly, not that I wouldn't enjoy a UYI set, but nothing beats fresh GNR music.

If we got both the UYI set this year, and even 2 “new” songs, it’d be a great year. Let’s hope something like that happens

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

There's nothing anywhere, but looks like an EP, and the UYI thing coming too, and everything marries with the Slash camp, just not on the timescale originally planned. It is just all about the vinyl. https://www.grammy.com/news/the-vinyl-s … e-industry

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
sp1at wrote:

but looks like an EP

This something you've heard or you just speculating like the rest of us?

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

So in the UK the following pop GN'R as a result now, some of them when partially complete or misspelled

"atlas shrugged"
"state of grace"
"the general"
"soul monster"
"perhaps"
"thyme"

And if I use a VPN for Sweden I also get results for "zodiac".

If I tack on Hard Skool & Absurd to that I'm up to 9 tracks for a potential album. Throw in either covers, song titles we don't know etc. and you're closer to a 10-15 track release.

Obviously, there could be nothing to this Spotify stuff, but I struggle to see how this is their algorithm getting messed up for these terms by fans searching stuff or from doing NLP on random old articles about the band. If that was happening, it would be happening for other artists too and Spotify's search functionality would be universally hated by users.

I'm inclined to believe these songs may actually have been added to Spotify and just aren't live/active yet. What I'll always feel less certain about with GN'R is whether they ever do go live or if "plans change".

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

THYME is showing up?!? 18

That ups the ante. That is not a well known song title.

As you pointed out, it's difficult to get excited about this considering which band it's happening to. 16

On the other hand....it's the best sign we've had that something is coming since Elmir saw that UMG internal forecast memo a couple months before CD was officially announced.

Wacky.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

So, could the lack of studio material on the UYI set be intentional so as not to compete with a new album?

P. S. The official store now says the Locked and Loaded set is sold out:
https://gnrmerch.com/products/appetite- … ed-box-set

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

So, could the lack of studio material on the UYI set be intentional so as not to compete with a new album?

It's possible. It's why when I saw the bonus content was just live audio I still thought "That leaves room for new songs".

One title I'm wondering if we'll see turn up is Seven. The General, Thyme, Leave Me Alone (aka Soul Monster, confirmed by Axl in 08) and Seven were the four tracks Beltrami worked on and the first three are now turning up. Every chance Seven has had a rename in the years since.

God, I wish I could get more excited about this but GN'R pessimism is stopping me.

James

James wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Doubtful.

We may never know why the box set got cluster fucked.

Even if you exclude demos, why was the remix vetoed? That wouldn't interfere with anything.

All three parties probably couldn't agree..so it morphs into a box set revolving around concerts and one song being remixed.

Id wager we're getting a single from the box set in a month or so....

November Rain

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Kikkoman80 wrote:

I think Perhaps...could be better than SOG.

James

James wrote:

I decided to go on Spotify and try out my own experiment.

I searched two unreleased Soundgarden songs fans have wanted for a decade+...

Oceans Front and Summation

Nada.

Board footer