You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

misterID wrote:

This was like one of the very first performances of it though wasn’t it?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Kikkoman80 wrote:

However it is not one of the best YCBM sung by Axl .....

Aside from messing up the bridge lyrics, it sounds great. Light years from the shitty Mickey vocals of 2022.

And he sings with so much venom, anger, and most importantly - conviction!

I love how he sings it!

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
misterID wrote:

This was like one of the very first performances of it though wasn’t it?

Yes.
First one was in Rio and it's a great example how the song was still evolving (I love the mic failing after falling and Izzy singing)

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-r … 6c74f.html

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Kikkoman80 wrote:

Aside from messing up the bridge lyrics, it sounds great. Light years from the shitty Mickey vocals of 2022.

And he sings with so much venom, anger, and most importantly - conviction!

I love how he sings it!

It obviously sounds great compared to now. In the classic years though, 91 was weak for Axl. His voice was starting to go from singing incorrectly in the 80s and you can hear he is really struggling to get power into his voice. Raspy, too raspy.

In 92 he had learned to sing better.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

Paris, 92. This I would like to see and hear.

Sky Dog wrote:

By the time he got to Skin n Bones 93….his voice was even better

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Paris 92 is readily available as a soundboard bootleg (from the radio broadcast — keep in mind it was censored in America so there are some sloppy dropouts) and on video from the pay-per-view.

Good, definitive stadium show from the era. Still not sure why Axl had it out for Warren Beatty!

Sky Dog wrote:

Warren Beatty had a relationship with Stephanie. I am thinking she had a lot of “relationships “

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

This is her son.

1C5035762-110112-stephanie-seymore-son-vmed-1130a.jpg

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

IMO this performance or any other from that summer is perfectly suitable. It represents the insanity, uncertainty, and spontaneity that was GNR in summer 91.

They were truly the most dangerous band in the world and this clip is a pretty good reminder of that.

Fucking killer. That should have been the video. They needed a better editor. And holy shit, they had this footage this long and did nothing with it.

Agreed this should've been the video.The vocals/band performance are good enough to be the official video. It does an amazing job promoting the coming tour. Even if you include.T2 footage it would be superior to the official video.

The other video that deserved an actual live performance instead of the album version is Live and Let Die. The Wembley 91 performance would've been perfect.

I like this part...

This will be on Use Your Illusion I...a little different than you'll hear it tonight...

No shit...the album version has no balls!

It takes me back. Such a great time to be alive.

This is the sort of thing they should've been pushing out on their YouTube channel for, oh, the last 15 years or so.

Should've been pushing it since 2016.

All of the killer material in the vault would've been wasted during the CD years. It would've just made fans want the real thing back.

Had they started feeding me high quality audio/video of 87-93 in the 2000s...when I still listened to a lot of live stuff/bootlegs...I may have lost interest in CD completely...and I bet many others would have as well.

Tokyo 92 was such garbage. It still blows me away it was the only live release while the classic lineup was together. They deserved so much more.

While I do want new music obviously, I wish GNR would start taking live releases seriously.

After the box set, they should do a series....

Live at the Ritz series:

Rerelease of Ritz 91

A few months later...

Ritz 88

That one will sell like hotcakes

A few months later....

Ritz 87

VIDEO....not just audio. Fans don't need live CDs. GNR fans got their fill of that in the 90s buying 50-100 bucks a pop bootlegs/imports.

6-12 months later, a new series/set

Rio 91

Inglewood...and if there's any backstage footage, include it. It would be a tremendous time capsule of 91 pop culture...tons of celebrities were at this show. Hell... Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder are still together here!

How about an entire set that includes all the shows they did opening for the Stones in 1989? Other than Farm Aid, it's the coffin on the 87-88 band being nailed shut.

That Stoned in L.A. bootleg was an all time favorite. Always wanted video of that.

It could be a joint GNR-Stones project.

They have enough live material to work with where every year could see a handful of releases.

Board footer