You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

I've seen both bands, and… while the Conspirators are a tight unit and Slash clearly enjoys making music with them, Myles just leaves me cold. He has great vocal range and power, for sure. But…

There are two things I look for in a frontman: lyrical poetry and passionate delivery. I'll take a Scott Weiland or a Jeff Angell, who have a limited vocal range but a lyrical turn of phrase and passionate delivery, over a singer who hits all the notes but doesn't make me feel anything. And sad to say, Myles is of that type. It's a bit like DJ Ashba; he's striking all the poses, he's hitting all the notes but it feels a bit forced to me.

Axl, meanwhile, has the full package. Incredible vocal range, fire in his belly, lyrical songwriting skills. And if his voice is a bit less powerful than it was in his 1980s/90s heyday, that's honestly the thing I care least about of the three.

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Kikkoman80 wrote:

Sure ... Axl is Axl.
But I also really like Myles.
I like the expression in his voice ... take STARLIGHT ... he's incredible, but he can also be aggressive like on WOF.
Then it is clear that in front of Axl it disappears ... but not too much.
Scott's singing, on the other hand, is much more suffered.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Like I say: nothing against Myles personally, and he's obviously a talented musician. I just struggle to connect with him.

Kikkoman80

Kikkoman80 wrote:

Sure, I get it.
I understand what you mean.

Rhiad

Rhiad wrote:

Looks like the next single is Double Talkin’ Jive live in Vegas ‘92

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Gone mad

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Gone mad

No, it is there... We had to wait until it was midnight somewhere in the US.. This version kicks major ass..

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That is fantastic

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

DTJ with the Metallica intro is the best.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Rhiad wrote:

Looks like the next single is Double Talkin’ Jive live in Vegas ‘92

[/embed]

This is pretty damn good. We've never heard this one before...at least I don't think so. I lose track of all this shit and haven't listened to all those 90s bootlegs in eons. All I remember is Yesterdays as a B side.

I'm not really interested in this show...I would've preferred another 91 show...but hopefully it will surprise us.

A great bonus for this set would've been an updated DTJ with Axl on vocals. It was the only UYI deep cut treated like a hit on this tour.

Board footer