You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

misterID wrote:

I’m not anti streaming for the very reasons Monkey said. I’ve always enjoyed streaming music. But the music I absolutely love? I’m getting the physical copy. Look what they just did to Patti Smith.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Look what they just did to Patti Smith.

What happened?

I just looked her up and didn't see anything other than the recent announcement that she's going to do one more album.

misterID

misterID wrote:

They banned Rock & Roll Ni**er. One of her finest, most downloaded songs.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

But I’ll never buy a digital movie.

Yeah this is crazy.

I've been tempted a few times though. A few months ago I almost bought I'll Never Forget My High School Friends on Amazon since it's not available anywhere else.

Also reminds me of how a couple years ago I downloaded the first season of Police Women of Broward County on Amazon. If you download a movie or TV show...doesn't this mean you own it?

Nope.

A few months later...it simply vanished. Not a single remnant of the show was left. I still don't know exactly what happened or how it was removed. I assume it was similar to how Itunes handles their customers....even movies you buy/download aren't really yours.

I'll be downloading something with 1 seed that isn't even connected at the time it starts, then like 3 days later a message will pop up saying my download is complete and I'll have completely forgotten I was even torrenting it.

This reminds me of the time last year I was on Pirate Bay trying to get Paul Pena's album New Train. A grand total of ZERO seeders and one leecher.

It wouldn't connect.

One day while trying it...it finally connected. I decided instead of trying to get the whole album, I'd just cherry pick Jet Airliner.

It was getting it at like .1kbs. Was gonna take weeks...but then like you said, one day it just miraculously finished. I guess I lucked into that leecher already having the one song I wanted. I doubt his download ever got to finish.

Most people wouldn't bother with that...they'd just listen on YouTube or something. I wanted the actual song/file.

For anyone who might be curious....

Steve Miller's Jet Airliner is actually a cover. The crazy thing is that the original never got released back then. Thanks to Pena's issues with his producer/manager, that album/song went decades without being released. Miller just lucked into hearing it in the studio one day and knew he had to do it.

Amazing.

Even though I already had it, I would check GNR for shits and giggles....Absurd never popped up on there. I think Hard School finally did.

. I have to use so many USB's because my laptop memory would get overrun with all my downloads

Holy shit...this must be why my laptop lags like a mofo. While I do have my collection spread out across various computers and USB/hard drives, I have basically my entire music collection on the laptop I use now.

You should see how long it takes my Windows Media Player to fully load all the tracks....

The thing I hate is when tv shows/movies I watch on my laptop start lagging/glitching...or it'll take awhile to queue up the next episode.

Probably going to end up with a terrible virus at some point, but whatever

This happened to me back in 2006 or 07. Got it from Limewire. I lost everything on that Dell computer. A massive bummer.

It's crazy how anytime you lose everything, you can never get it all back. Yeah you can get most of your music back over time but there's always something missing...even if it's just some obscure music you've downloaded before.

There's whole playlists of stuff I have now that isn't the kind of thing it would be safe for me to blow $30 on a CD to see if I like the album....

Reminds me of how back in the day you'd sometimes buy albums just because of an interesting album cover or some hot woman on the cover.

OTMtNDA4Ny5qcGVn.jpeg

I bet the industry really missed such impulse buys when the party was over.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

They banned Rock & Roll Ni**er. One of her finest, most downloaded songs.

Holy shit...that is insane.

This same thing may be about to happen with John Lennon. Fans have been expecting the announcement for his Sometime In NYC album box set/deluxe edition for months.

There's now silence from the label and Lennon estate and fans are pissed because this has never happened before with Lennon or Beatles releases....and people put two and two together and realized it's because of 'Woman is the "N word" of the World'.

They're not going to risk a backlash or Lennon and by proxy The Beatles getting canceled over the song. Some speculate it may come out without the song on the album.

THIS is why you need to own all media you consume. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that song yet it's on the verge of being tossed on the ash heap of history.

Nothing is safe from this woke madness. The inconsistency of it is one of the things that makes it so insidious.

John Lennon can't say the word four times with it not directed at black people but a rapper can say it every five seconds and it's the greatest thing ever.

Reminds me of that story last year about either a prom or homecoming. They started playing rap and of course....the bad word starts flying out of the speaker. Peachy keen.  It only became an issue when the kids started singing it and the party had to be shut down.

If people could hear the song 40+ years ago and not go into a Veruca Salt conniption fit, they can handle hearing it now... especially when they listen to *Insert rapper here* say it on a loop.

It's not an exaggeration....

A lot of the TV shows of the 70s would not be made today in this environment.... specifically All In the Family and Sanford and Son.

Even Maude would get shit canned...an ultra liberal yet would get canceled for cultural appropriation.

We're veering off topic but I really can't stand this madness.

Edit

Yeah they're right...it's already happening online. Google won't suggest it....I typed "Woman is the N...." Nada. You have to type the whole song and search yourself.

You can't tell me google doesn't know what a person is looking for as they're typing that.

Absurd.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Chunks of TV episodes are disappearing off streaming services. Soon whole films and tv shows will also. You’ll never see them again. Take a look at Dukes of Hazard.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Chunks of TV episodes are disappearing off streaming services. Soon whole films and tv shows will also. You’ll never see them again. Take a look at Dukes of Hazard.

I saw someone on Sludge mention how massive chunks of Saturday Night Live episodes from the 70s-90s have been removed on Peacock.

Many episodes have been reduced to 20-28 minutes. It's not just skits removed...it's also various musical guests.

I'm actually surprised that anyone will even allow Dukes to be shown....they've complained about it for so many years.

It's pathetic. It's practically a kids show.

Imagine being offended by a kids show from the 70s....

Or they'll complain about people acting "too white" while at the same time they'll digitally lighten the skin tone of black actors for the Asian market.

Guess which one isn't considered racist by the land of woke....

Edit an hour later

This is like half the damn post I was writing. Weird. I guess I shouldn't have been multitasking...I was talking to someone while in the middle of it. I had a couple more examples at the end. Oh well...

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

It's probably easier now to download music you want from some of those hosts then dl it from piratebay.  Torrents are still useful to some extent, but most of it ends up leaking out to some of those download sites anyway.

Oh, pro tip to the wise: if any of those movies have the SHITBOX word next to it.  It has hardcoded unremovable KOREAN subs.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I have no doubt that Disney is making shitty woke remakes of classic animation (which are truly pieces of art) because they’re going to eventually throw them in the vault at some point, and will probably erase Walt as a visual presence from the company.

Wilco
 Rep: 1 

Wilco wrote:
misterID wrote:

I have no doubt that Disney is making shitty woke remakes of classic animation (which are truly pieces of art) because they’re going to eventually throw them in the vault at some point, and will probably erase Walt as a visual presence from the company.

This is exactly they reason they are remaking their movies. There’s no reason to do so other than that these will be the “correct” version and replace the originals

I read a report a month or so ago, Disney is considering changing its name to Disney officially and also changing Walt Disney World to Disney World. So yes, he’s been cancelled.

Board footer