You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

Neemo wrote:

This is the show where the YCBM vid took clips from right?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Is there still any live links out there?

Sky Dog wrote:

Whole show is on YouTube just watched it on our tv

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

This is the show where the YCBM vid took clips from right?

Lol, yes. Come in Neemo!!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This is pretty funny. Still amazes me to see them interact again like they did at the Ritz

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ci5RkUpI … JmNzVkMjY=

Sky Dog wrote:

A couple of old farts at this point!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I've been offline for 5-6 days. They were doing some work down the street and the net was down.

I'm cherry picking some of the Ritz right now. Don't Cry with Shannon is fucking incredible. Had this been released back in the day...like it should have...I would've considered this the definitive version of the song. Chills.

Bad Obsession is smoking as well. I love this more primitive version of the song. It rocks harder.

Now on to the Izzy tracks!

Smoking Guns wrote:

I can’t stop listening to this stuff.

NOW WE NEED 1993 Saskatoon. But this kicks so much ass. Since the reunion we have gotten 2 pretty good box sets, even if pricy.

We need more 91 shows long before we get to 93. This set should've had a couple 91 shows and saved Vegas for later.

tejastech08 wrote:

It's hard to believe this 1991 Ritz concert sat in the vault for 30 years. They need to release as much high quality footage as possible. Use some fancy computer technology to upgrade the footage of 1987 Ritz, 1988 Ritz, 1992 Chicago, 1992 Paris, 1991 Indiana, 1991 Rock in Rio, and others.

They need to get someone like Peter Jackson and do what he did with that old Beatles footage.

Sky Dog wrote:

Just watched on YouTube….holy hell..wow. Stones in 1972 and Guns in 1991 are easily my favorite bands of all time

Add Pink Floyd 1973-74 and Fleetwood Mac 1977-78 to that list and I agree.

monkeychow wrote:

Super confusing how there's different stuff in every edition and even the super deluxe is missing stuff.

It's to get hardcore fans to triple dip.

Edit

I was also reading the Hoffman forum. I've seen a few people raving on how great some of these songs have been mixed... notably Bad Obsession.

It's not a remix!!!

Some actual audiophiles are shitting on the remaster. I don't actually care because I'm not interested in a remaster. My interest is only in the live 91 material.

James

James wrote:

Goddamn Izzy's vocals are rough on 14 Years. Jesus. I know the official narrative is that he's clean as a whistle at this point. I'm calling bullshit. He's got either meth or coke draining down the back of his throat while he's singing this....

Or he's shit faced drunk.

Take your pick.

It's amazing though.

James

James wrote:

I'm officially pissed.    17

They mixed the full Wembley, Rio, and Paris shows yet only cherry picked them for this set.

I'm sick of this band constantly needing maximum money for minimal content. It's pathetic.

If you're going to actually mix this stuff, release it!

So you can now add those three shows and the UYI I & II remix to the list of things that were supposed to be in this set.

Can't complain too much I suppose. We're lucky they even included the Ritz.

I'm only buying the Live Ritz tracks and a few extras(14 Years, etc).

If they want me to buy a box set, treat the next one like a real box set and offer content like other bands do.

James

James wrote:

Just finished watching the Ritz....

Wow. This is one of the greatest concerts ever released. Amazing that they're willing to bury it on a box set. This deserved a limited theatrical release and a standalone DVD/Blu-ray/4k release....maybe even an Amazon/Disney/Netflix streaming release.

Highlights to me....

Don't Cry - This should've been released as a single/video on YouTube. They also could've pushed the Shannon Hoon appearance and squeezed a few hundred more sales of this set from hardcore Blind Melon fans who want more Hoon/Melon footage.

Dust N Bones - Izzy once again portraying the ultimate essence of cool.  Can you really ask for anything more from this song?

Bad Obsession - This has to be the songs peak...live or studio.

You Ain't the First - In 30+ years, I've never liked the song as much as I did tonight. Just a killer, low key vibe all around.

Estranged - Wow. 

Those are the standouts although the whole show is incredible. I'll probably watch it again tomorrow night.

I wish the band did proper interviews. I'd love to know about Dizzy's potential role in the band at this point. He is an afterthought here. Barely seen and playing in the dark. It makes me wonder if the original plan was just to have him as an additional/side musician and they eventually decided to include him as a real member.

This is peak GNR....a travesty that this performance rotted in a vault for 31 years.  It's also the best GNR release since UYI.

It's bittersweet watching this...at the time it felt like the start of something new and exciting...but it's really the beginning of the end. Izzy is only in the band for a few more months, and nothing was the same after he left.

One more thing....

This is how the album should've sounded. They tinkered with the tracks way too much. Listen to DC, Bad Obsession, Dust N Bones, DTJ, etc. here and then listen to the albums.

Board footer