You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

James wrote:

Fleetwood Mac announced another box for Record Store Day.

8 LP/6 CD limited to 13-16k copies.

It collects all the alternate album takes from the self titled to Tango in the Night in one box.

$70 CDs  $175 LPs

Already selling out on various platforms.

That's how you price something like that.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Finally got my hands on a copy of this, now I can join the fun...off to listen

James

James wrote:

Duff's bass is killer there... especially the intro. It didn't sound that good on UYI.

I'll never get sick of that.

Best Double Talking Jive ever IMO. I like how it just gets down to business... doesn't need some looooong intro/jam... although some of those were pretty good.

Duff's bass on the outro is killer.

This is another highlight. I love Slash here. Wish he had kept on doing this instead of how the tour morphed into the Axl rant show. He's more talkative and he actually keeps it together (somewhat) even though he gets more wasted as the show progressed.

You can just feel the confidence and excitement coming through the screen.

This should've been made an alternate video after T2 left the theaters.

One more thing on YCBM...

After hearing Slash's comment about the video and claiming there would be no movie footage on it, Izzy's absence from that "waste of ammo" segment makes more sense with hindsight. They initially didn't want to do it and he stuck to his guns.

Almost as good as Farm Aid. Duff is just sublime here.

Every time I watch it I'm flabbergasted how they sat on this for 3 decades. I understand why they didn't release it in 92-93...it's not promoting the 92-93 lineup.

It should've come out in 99 instead of Live Era.  This is all the "live era" we needed anyway.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Every time I watch it I'm flabbergasted how they sat on this for 3 decades. I understand why they didn't release it in 92-93...it's not promoting the 92-93 lineup.

It should've come out in 99 instead of Live Era.  This is all the "live era" we needed anyway.

Funny you should mention Live Era.  I was thinking about that and  how half assed the job was on those discs and what a waste of money it was (I bought it when it came out) when compared to the Ritz and Vegas live shows that they included on the Illusions.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Listen to the tone of Slashโ€™s Gold Top at the Ritz. Perhaps his best live tone ever. It destroys the burst tone wise. That guitar was magic that whole tour. Such a thick fat tone.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Had they released this as a live album it would have been a huge hit

Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Listen to the tone of Slashโ€™s Gold Top at the Ritz. Perhaps his best live tone ever. It destroys the burst tone wise. That guitar was magic that whole tour. Such a thick fat tone.

Slash at his absolute bestโ€ฆ.I think Sky Dog Duane Allman played a guitar like that as wellโ€ฆ.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I finished the audio disc of Ritz '91 today

Was alright, but I've never been a huge fan of the live recordings

Weird that there is no November rain

Dot cry with Shannon is baddass #1 track by far

PTU, bad obsession and Estranged were other highlights for me

DTJ and Dust n Bones were cool too

James

James wrote:

Was watching/listening to this last night...

Sky dog is right...

70s Stones might be the only band on the same level as 91 live GNR.

That's a lean, mean ass kicking machine....

Neemo wrote:

I finished the audio disc of Ritz '91 today

Was alright, but I've never been a huge fan of the live recordings

Weird that there is no November rain

Dot cry with Shannon is baddass #1 track by far

PTU, bad obsession and Estranged were other highlights for me

DTJ and Dust n Bones were cool too

My highlights are pretty much identical... although add Right Next Door to Hell to that list. Never liked it...until now.

This is one of those situations where the live disc doesn't do it justice. You need to watch the video footage to get the full impact.

You should watch it while it's still all over YouTube.

Funny you should mention Live Era.  I was thinking about that and  how half assed the job was on those discs and what a waste of money it was (I bought it when it came out) when compared to the Ritz and Vegas live shows that they included on the Illusions.

Live Era never should've happened for various reasons....

It's lazy. Recorded "across the universe"? Really? I didn't realize Tokyo + a few others was the universe.

Other than Dust N Bones....it's drowning in shitty overdubs. Live Era is not live. I realize many bands will tinker and clean up live performances but they took it to a new level.

It's vindictive...Axl hated Sorum at the time so he gets categorized as an "additional musician". That's stupid. The guy is on 3 GNR albums and performed at every show on the tour.

I bought it too...was excited on my way to the Wherehouse. The excitement quickly faded.

Sky Dog wrote:

I literally threw Live Era in the trash can a few weeks after it came out because everything I loved from those  shows wasnโ€™t included. You donโ€™t get it unless you were there. The 91 Ritz show shows you the best they ever wereโ€ฆimo.

Board footer