You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

Sky Dog wrote:

Neemo, the video takes it to another level

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James wrote:

Was watching/listening to this last night...

Sky dog is right...

70s Stones might be the only band on the same level as 91 live GNR.

That's a lean, mean ass kicking machine....

Holy shit that was a hot performance and Keef has some good shit on lead

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

<sees Metallica drop surprise new single, video, and announcements for a new album and tour simultaneously>

<sighs>

That's how you do promo and releases, for fuck's sake.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

<sees Metallica drop surprise new single, video, and announcements for a new album and tour simultaneously>

<sighs>

That's how you do promo and releases, for fuck's sake.

Yeah....when one of your other favorite bands does something....it really highlights how terrible GNR is run.

There's no excuse for it anymore.... NONE. That well is bone dry.

What makes it even worse is the fact no other band is run like this.

It's sad that it had to be this way....and for so long.

As I've said many times.... Azoffs brief tenure is the ONLY reason we got Chinese Democracy. Had he never got involved, we'd still be waiting for the album.

The GNR machine can only function as a touring juggernaut. Everything else falls apart.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

You guys are asking for a Christmas miracle.   I'd find Santa Claus before GNR functions as a well run and normal band.  Ain't gonna happen.  When they release new music (this I believe) it will be haphazzard and out of the blue.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

whatever they took they would disembowel them as always!....the Illusion that are not appetite, chines that is not the original formation or that slash is not there and the solos could be better!....if they release singles it is that they are not they wrote it together!...the demos were better!do what they do, they gut them...this doesn't sound like guns!...it's industrial!...it doesn't sound...like that?.. Seriously? What does it matter if later people go to see a sixty-year-old show trying to recover the public's nostalgia!...why?

Sky Dog wrote:

Is there video of the Vegas show? Just diving in on this….Axl is way better vocally and the band is incredible.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I don't consider Live Era a proper live album. It's more of a studio thing meant to sound live. I think it was the right decision, it sounds good. A few of the tracks are my favorites over the original versions.

With these shows coming out now we're getting the best of both worlds.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

Good thing someone else appreciates Axl's voice in Las Vegas! He sings much better than at the Ritz 91, yes, the show ritz is spectacular but when it comes to singing, Axl vocalizes much more and sings much better in the vegas!...in the 91 ritz, indiana and the little we've seen of that year axl ate crystals or barked like a dog!...I also like it, damn it sounds punk,punk...but when it comes to singing in 92 and 93 axl sang and not just bawled! hold notes, vocalize and modulate the correct tones!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I don't consider Live Era a proper live album. It's more of a studio thing meant to sound live. I think it was the right decision, it sounds good. A few of the tracks are my favorites over the original versions.

With these shows coming out now we're getting the best of both worlds.

Isn’t Live Era basically the AFD re-recording? I think all of the songs vocals were re-recorded. He even redid the vocals for Estranged.

Board footer