You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

Sky Dog wrote:
Miguelox26 wrote:

Good thing someone else appreciates Axl's voice in Las Vegas! He sings much better than at the Ritz 91, yes, the show ritz is spectacular but when it comes to singing, Axl vocalizes much more and sings much better in the vegas!...in the 91 ritz, indiana and the little we've seen of that year axl ate crystals or barked like a dog!...I also like it, damn it sounds punk,punk...but when it comes to singing in 92 and 93 axl sang and not just bawled! hold notes, vocalize and modulate the correct tones!

Agree!

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

live era was not totally re-recorded!... yes, retouched, andy wallace mixed it, he also mixed chinese democracy and at that time there was talk of the re-recording of appetite! now, live era contains re-recordings of axl's voice at that time, year 99, rocket queen is the clearest example, that's the squeaky and super sharp voice we hear at the hob and rio shows 2001 onwards! mr. Brownstone contains listenable choirs by Robin Finck! So it's not re-recorded Appetite but it does contain studio voices from that year! That's if not all the songs were retouched, just some! When it came out I was a teenager and that voice was very strange to me! .. .Now I see it as a cult piece for all that can be heard! Also, that shrill voice is very similar to how he sang in Hollywood Rose and in Guns 85.86!

Miguelox26

Miguelox26 wrote:

someone once said!...if voices were knives, axl's would be a dagger!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Axl’s re-recorded vocals on Live Era were rubbish. I’m glad we finally got some proper official live releases from 1991 and 1992 that we can listen to that haven’t had the vocals messed with

Miguelox26

Miguelox26 wrote:

I guess that's what opinions are...opinions! Axl himself once said that he didn't like his interpretation of your crazy in lies and hated it, however it's one of my favorites!....I suppose opinions are like ass, everyone has one!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Lies version of You're Crazy is his vocal peak.

His visual peak was Farm Aid. No one ever looked cooler than he did that night.

15 year old me thought he was the baddest motherfucker walking the planet.....

rs-159562-gunsnroses-624-1377188226.jpg

9a7a5df3bba59fc3b54bca1ad6cfc23d.jpg

Edit

While looking for that....I spotted this pic.

Always liked this one back in the day...one of many pin-ups on my wall in 88-91.

A great advertisement for that shirt....

ac7c439902c072fb2ad92096d283c475.jp

guns_n_roses_1987_00515_rt-e1527639771533.jpg

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
James wrote:

Lies version of You're Crazy is his vocal peak.

His visual peak was Farm Aid. No one ever looked cooler than he did that night.

15 year old me thought he was the baddest motherfucker walking the planet.....

https://www.rollingstone.com/wp-content … 188226.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/9a/7a/5d/9a7a … cfc23d.jpg

Edit

While looking for that....I spotted this pic.

Always liked this one back in the day...one of many pin-ups on my wall in 88-91.

A great advertisement for that shirt....

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ac/7c/43/ac7c … 283c475.jp

https://www.rocksceneauctions.com/wp-co … 771533.jpg

I liked the cowboy boots outside the jeans look although never quite brave enough to try this! ?

Miguelox26

Miguelox26 wrote:

Totally agree with your crazy!...murderer!...and the images are brutal!...at that time I was a skater, I still am!...I changed my image for jeans, shabby t-shirts with pointed boots or trimmed ends, shoulder-length hair and an attitude of don't fuck with me, you bite the dust!...I was born in Spain, a place of Christians and flamenco parties, so at the age of nine or ten I adopted that image and I will always carry it!... Despite my age and drugs, I never lost my physical shape!...skateboarding and boxing have always kept me in shape!...1'77cm and 65 kilos!...I covered myself with piercings and tattoos !...sleaze for life!....I still have a great hair, short but great hair!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I just noticed all the videos have been removed.

I still laugh at the fact management actually supports that....and has since the mid 2000s.

Fans uploading various performances from the Ritz. Dang! It's the only thing promoting the goddamn box set. I got an idea! Let's remove it ALL so the sets can sink off the charts even quicker and everyone forgets it even exists!

Incompetence down to the bone.

Edit

I don't have an issue with the removal of the videos containing the entire show. That's not a shocker.

The fact they support removing individual songs that do nothing but promote the band and the set and all they get in return is no more promotion, pissing off the fans who take the time to upload GNR material, and destroying their own social media footprint is just mind blowing.

While forum users are used to it after 15 years and don't really care anymore, it does so much damage in other areas yet I can picture TB giving themselves high fives and patting each other on the backs for a job well done.

Hell...they should've been uploading Ritz content on their own channel on a regular basis for weeks.

Miguelox26

Miguelox26 wrote:

There are people doing deconstructions of songs with musical knowledge, they can't put anything more than seconds because the copy skips, YouTube lets you upload what you want and then charges you the premium so you don't see ads, businesses!... and now the group in turn has to allow their work, material to be used without profit at their expense?...while youtube does business!...we have gotten used to all this piracy but youtube does business at the expense of the groups!youtube It's not an NGO, so if you want art and support art!, buy it!

Board footer