You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

misterID wrote:

Nope

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Again, like everything they do it's so fucking underwhelming.  There is always so much possibility but they always manage to fumble things every single time.  As others have said there is quite a lot of cost into all those vinyls etc, so it's a bit more reasonably priced compared to the AFD boxset (still definitely not cheap though), but the problem is a lot of what is on the vinyl is just not overly desirable.  So I would say it's a fail on the "value" assessment of what you actually get for your $$'s.

Other bands give demos and other shit like that which fans actually want.  Guns - nope, "fuck them here's what you can have and you are going to like it"!!  This has got the Brazilians and Axl's fingerprints all over it IMO.  They couldn't fucken organise a piss up in a brewery those clowns.

I see on a Facebook group that Troccoli (one of the collectors that lent them some stuff for the AFD boxset) said apparently it was the bands call not to include any demos.  I would assume "band" is code for "Axl".

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

People who already have the demos could share them so that we don't need to wait for the band to never release them.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I can’t believe they released Absurd/Hard Skool
Last year. What a cornucopia of material.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The only thing I can figure is that they plan on releasing a massive box set at some point and are holding back. And that’s giving them the benefit of the doubt

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
misterID wrote:

The only thing I can figure is that they plan on releasing a massive box set at some point and are holding back. And that’s giving them the benefit of the doubt

A cynic would say, if I’m the Lebeis ass clowns, I would encourage/discourage Axl from releasing anything meaningful. I would wait for him to die then pin my ears back and release fucken all the shit that was held back and cash in then with maximum dollars going into my own ass pocket!

Probably waaay overthought, but geez I would check the number of my fingers after a handshake with these people.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

A comment from the author of the official Nirvana biography seems relevant:

Every time Kurt objected, I’d explain why it had to stay in the book, and he never pressed the matter. After all, that was our original agreement—to do it any other way would be, as he said in our first conversation about the book, “too Guns N’ Roses.”

Source: https://www.newyorker.com/culture/perso … urt-cobain

Wilco
 Rep: 1 

Wilco wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

A comment from the author of the official Nirvana biography seems relevant:

Every time Kurt objected, I’d explain why it had to stay in the book, and he never pressed the matter. After all, that was our original agreement—to do it any other way would be, as he said in our first conversation about the book, “too Guns N’ Roses.”

Source: https://www.newyorker.com/culture/perso … urt-cobain

Thing is back in the day, in all fairness, GNR was brutally honest. Axl over shared way too much of his inner life, those Illusion videos were a way of communicating his demons with the audience, same with the Making Of videos. Same with the Rolling Stone interview in 92 and the one with RIP the same year.

GNR was at one time very real and honest

It’s only since Beta took over Axl’s life that he’s slowly and increasingly shied away from everything and slowly become more jaded and greedy.

This was a guy who wanted everything documented and on film. And did stuff like the Photographic History documentary and such. CD was his way of telling his innermost struggles to the fans

So I would disagree with that. Nirvana cultivated their own sanitized mythology to the media.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

Yeeeaaaaa!

Board footer