You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Bob & Tommy Stinson | Interesting Motherfu...

Will wrote:

I was reading an old article about Tommy after listening to some Mats and the author ended the article with:

If Bob's death wasn't much a surprise to anybody, Tommy's current position as bass player in Axl Rose's new Guns N' Roses line up has most Replacements fans carrying on as if he was new band leader on the Jerry Springer Show. Hey, if those people really care so much about Tommy Stinson why didn't more of 'em go to the record store to buy the record he made with his band, Bash N' Pop? I bought it and I say, "If Tommy wants to be in a really big popular band he's earned it." You don't have his Bash N' Pop album in your collection? Shut the fuck up awready. Nobody in the entire history of rock music has earned the right to a gigantic L.A. mansion and a collection of European sports cars the way Tommy Stinson has. If your silly little teen idol Kurt Cobain had recorded eight Nirvana albums that never sold more than a hundred thousand copies, then recorded another great album with another great band that nobody bought you bet you ass he'd be thrilled to be playing guitar in Guns N' Roses. That, of course, ignores the fact that he wasn't good enough to play in Guns N' Roses, but he'd sure be beggin' for an audition. One thing's for sure - Bob would be thrilled to see Tommy playing in Guns N' Roses. Maybe if he was still alive Axl would have asked Bob to join up, too. Hey! What if, instead of being in The Replacements, the Dogbreath Boys had done the traditional teenage alcoholic high school drop out thing and run away to Los Angeles around the same time Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin came in from Indiana? Now, THAT would be something worth traveling into the past to set up!

The actual article is at: http://www.acidlogic.com/im_stinsons.htm

Wondering if theres any other Mats fans out here on RoV? I was thinking of posting up some Mats boots in the audio section so post here if you have any requests cool Loads of Tommy solo stuff that Mats fans will like, even some curious gnr fans 22

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'd love to hear some to be honest.  I don't know much about the Replacements other than they supposedly influenced a lot of average bands.  Maybe I missed something.

Will

Will wrote:

Cool, Im putting a boot up now smile Check it out and let me know if ya want more sending over tongue

Will

Will wrote:

http://chopaway.com/rov2/viewtopic.php?pid=2059#p2059

Mats bootleg uploaded smile A+ quality, A+ performance (err... by Mats standards anyway lol)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Madagas is a huge fan, although he rarely ventures into off topic sections.

Will

Will wrote:

Just posted some Bash N Pop bsides in the Other Downloads section.

Tommy on lead vocals on both songs, really worth a listen. Didn't I read somewhere that Tommy is musical director for Chinese Democracy? Is that a fact, or something said tongue-in-cheek?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
downliner wrote:

Just posted some Bash N Pop bsides in the Other Downloads section.

Tommy on lead vocals on both songs, really worth a listen. Didn't I read somewhere that Tommy is musical director for Chinese Democracy? Is that a fact, or something said tongue-in-cheek?

I think it's done to give an appearance that Axl isn't the only person running the show.  Ultimately, we all know Axl is running the show anyway, so it is a puppet role at best.  I guess he runs things when Axl isn't around, which is likely most of the time.

I haven't downloaded this yet - I will when I'm on my computer at home so I can check it out.

Board footer