You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Metallica - Lux Aterna

Scabbie wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

They're doing a world tour with no UK dates? FFS.

They are headlining two days of Download

I fucking hate festivals though.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

The funny thing is, I just woke up from a dream of me struggling to see Metallica live, I'm asking everyone and their brother for a ticket their willing to selll lol. Looks my options are the New Jersey shows this August , I'll try and make it happen and cross it off my bucket list.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Pantera with Zakk would be more exciting than Metallica for me

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah they're getting a lot of crap for the tour. Too many areas missing. Fuck... they're not even doing the Bay Area...their home base!

Los Angeles is the only Cali date. That's ridiculous.

I'm warming up to the song.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James wrote:

Yeah they're getting a lot of crap for the tour. Too many areas missing. Fuck... they're not even doing the Bay Area...their home base!

I wonder if they'll add a few dates? It's kind of mad that there's no London shows.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Quite a bit of commentary about the bass drum sound...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
James wrote:

I wonder if they'll add a few dates? It's kind of mad that there's no London shows.

Apparently no more dates are being added for 2023-24.

It's why I think it's the beginning of the end.

New album, limited world tour over 2 years, and after that some sort of grand farewell.

We've talked about it before....the 2020s being the decade where much of the 20th century gets wrapped up.

We're going to see a lot more of this in the coming years.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

72 seasons equals 18 years. Cover art suggests toys thrown out of a pram.

Are they getting over a spoiled brat phase, finally? 16

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
James wrote:

Apparently no more dates are being added for 2023-24.

It's why I think it's the beginning of the end.

New album, limited world tour over 2 years, and after that some sort of grand farewell.

We've talked about it before....the 2020s being the decade where much of the 20th century gets wrapped up.

We're going to see a lot more of this in the coming years.

Not my take at all.  They're doing Stadium tours, something they haven't done on a mass scale since the early 90s with guns.  Any other stadium show has been a festival or a one off like they did in Pittsburgh, Buffalo and San Francisco recently.  Metallica already runs their own label so they've completely cut the industry out of their control.  Doing these big stadium shows around the country allows for the true fans the opportunity to travel several hours to somewhere and get 2 nights of kickass music.  Pittsburgh and Buffalo certainly didn't suffer attendance this summer despite being smaller markets because they pulled in fans from around the country (and probably globe).

I fully expect them to resume arena shows in 25 where they hit every major market.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

apex-twin wrote:

72 seasons equals 18 years. Cover art suggests toys thrown out of a pram.

Are they getting over a spoiled brat phase, finally? 16

Don't know if you're being facetious, but Hetfield explained the album is inspired by the damage we all take on being taught our parents and communities values for 18 years and the decades long struggle to overcome that.

Board footer