You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Metallica - Lux Aterna

metallex78 wrote:

Apparently it’s the title track. Last single being released before the album drops mid April

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

The new single premiers in full in just under 2 hours.

In the latest teaser, about 55 seconds long, it now reveals how it starts out all thrashy, but then by the time the vocals kick in, it turns into a kinda Sandman type hard rock song.

Apparently the full thing is over 8 minutes long, so we’ll see if it lives up to the hype.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Thoughts on the title track? To me it sounds like a lesser version of Spit Out the Bone from the last album. It’s a bit clunky and all over the place structure wise, but it still sounds pretty great.

I’m still looking forward to the album in a few weeks!

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Thoughts on the title track? To me it sounds like a lesser version of Spit Out the Bone from the last album. It’s a bit clunky and all over the place structure wise, but it still sounds pretty great.

I read this before hearing it and it definitely skewed my opinion lol. Sounds like they were trying to do Spit Out The Bone again.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Love the song/video....

This definitely sounds like Hardwired 2.0

More than likely, these songs originate from those sessions....like a 21st century Reload.

Not gonna complain...a good song is a good song.

These guys are grandpas...it has no right to be as good as it is.

It's tempting to go to the theater for the listening party. If theaters were like they used to be, I'd probably go.

Edit

Third time hearing it and it's definitely a cross between Hardwired, Atlas, and Spit.

James

James wrote:

For comparison....

Metallica

72 Seasons video has 2.5 million views in 4 days.

Guns N Roses

Absurd has 2.9 million views in over a year

Hardschool (lyric video) has 1.9 million views and the audio has 3.9 million views in over a year

Quite a contrast. What a difference it makes when you care about your material and know how to do a proper rollout.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I read this before hearing it and it definitely skewed my opinion lol. Sounds like they were trying to do Spit Out The Bone again.

Ahhhh… sorry about that. It sucks to have a preconceived notion as to what something will sound like before actually hearing it, so I’m sorry again

First reviews of the album are appearing online, one rated it 8/10, the next said 7/10.

I’m trying to keep my expectations low, but I’m getting really excited to hear it in the cinema next week!

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

So the album is out now. It's good and enjoyable. Anyone expecting the second coming of Puppets, was deluded but what we've got here is a solid hard rock/metal album.

There's some great riffs on this and some songs with some great grooves.

The intro to the single they put out for release day, hooks you instantly.

James

James wrote:

Haven't been online much this week. I forgot this was already out. I thought we were still waiting a bit for it.

I'm gonna go buy it at a store tomorrow. This might be the last Metallica album. I'd rather purchase it than just stream the damn thing like it's no big deal.

I just looked at a few reviews. Kinda all over the map. I see there's no ballads. I was hoping for one. Oh well.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

The closest thing to a ballad is probably the 11 minute closing track Inamorata. But even that’s not so much a ballad as more one of those Metallica epics like Outlaw Torn or Fixxxer.

I’m still processing my overall review of it.
But I think it sounds like Load and Death Magnetic had a baby, and 72 Seasons is the result.

One thing is for sure about this, the riffs are heavy and fat as fuck. Aside from the drums being too up front in the mix, this thing sounds huge.

Board footer